Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Homemade" T Shirts

Default "Homemade" T Shirts

This logo is floating around the internet...

For real, is it bad if I just throw it on a T shirt and buy one?
    I see people with custom merch with the real snorty everywhere- usually its cups and flags though. how does this work?

t shirt.JPG
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Default Re: "Homemade" T Shirts

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This logo is floating around the internet...

For real, is it bad if I just throw it on a T shirt and buy one?
    I see people with custom merch with the real snorty everywhere- usually its cups and flags though. how does this work?

t shirt.JPG
    Yes, it's bad.

I bought a snorty shirt at the bookstore last year. OneHerd has them too last time I checked.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yes, it's bad.

I bought a snorty shirt at the bookstore last year. OneHerd has them too last time I checked.
    Thats about the answer I was expecting- but how are others doing custom cups and flags etc with the old snorty? they arent buying those from scheels lol
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Thats about the answer I was expecting- but how are others doing custom cups and flags etc with the old snorty? they arent buying those from scheels lol
    If I'm understanding it correctly, you can buy a license from NDSU for $100 or so. You would then be able to produce merchandise. That cost might scale up with volume, I'm not sure.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PERFECT- thanks for that, much appreciated
    3. It's time to go FBS

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You can buy a license to use the logo if your selling them for profit. If it's just for you as an individual, go ahead and make one. That isn't illegal.

Full disclosure a couple years ago on a sports logo forum that I followed a graphic designer was updating vintage logos for fun and asking for suggestions. I asked if he'd clean up the old Snorty logo and that image on the tshirt is what he produced. Again it was just for fun and just a design exercise for himself. But yeah thats the origin of that image.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If I'm understanding it correctly, you can buy a license from NDSU for $100 or so. You would then be able to produce merchandise. That cost might scale up with volume, I'm not sure.
    Yes, there is an initial application fee. Then you have to have each new item approved by the university before you can sell it. After that you are subject to a 12 to 15% royalty on the selling price of each item sold. There are some logos that cannot be reproduced/used: https://www.ndsu.edu/vpur/resources/logousage/

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Yes, there is an initial application fee. Then you have to have each new item approved by the university before you can sell it. After that you are subject to a 12 to 15% royalty on the selling price of each item sold. There are some logos that cannot be reproduced/used: https://www.ndsu.edu/vpur/resources/logousage/
    Yeah, I knew I didn't have the whole story.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I knew I didn't have the whole story.
    Been through this a couple times now with them.

Fortunately for personal use you don't need permission unless you plan on selling the item. Otherwise my basement bar plans would be REALLY expensive