Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Team

Default Re: 2019 Team

I’m getting football fever. Felt like hilighting guys that are Jr/Srs and haven’t made a huge impact yet but are on the cusp.

RB: Adam Cofield - Seems like a known commodity but really only has 605 career total yards. Might need to double that
    OG: Zach Kubas - Relegated to backup behind good, durable guards, could he shine now given a big opportunity?
    OG: Quinn Alo - Moved from DT late last season, can he pick up guard quick enough to challenge for the starting LG?
    Center: Karson Schoening - Tough to replace Tanner Volson, tougher with a new QB. Huge for the success of the entire O.
    DT: Jack Darnell and Matt Biegler - Both have been solid in limited time. Take the next step or lose time to a young guy?
    LB: Jaxon Brown - Could be a backup, could be all-conference, probably the biggest ? on our defense
    LB: Aaron Mercadel - Looked promising before injury(ACL I think) If he’s healthy, he should contribute plenty
    CB: Dom Davis and Tre Fort - Seniors that have played some but could get significant time if they step up a level

I don't think Jackson Brown is a ? at all. He is the real reason Cox switched sides. It is the smart move. Cox can do anything, he could probably be an effective center, but Brown is going to be more of a strong safety playing LB, and that position requires more coverage assignments. This will allow Cox to dominate against the run and probably get more pass rushing opportunities.

If Brown stays healthy, he should have a huge year. He is a gifted athlete. Health is the key.

Depth at LB will be a strength this year. Pauly,Mercadel,Jack Begley and maybe even some of the younger guys able to handle whatever may come.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I don't think Jackson Brown is a ? at all. He is the real reason Cox switched sides. It is the smart move. Cox can do anything, he could probably be an effective center, but Brown is going to be more of a strong safety playing LB, and that position requires more coverage assignments. This will allow Cox to dominate against the run and probably get more pass rushing opportunities.

If Brown stays healthy, he should have a huge year. He is a gifted athlete. Health is the key.

Depth at LB will be a strength this year. Pauly,Mercadel,Jack Begley and maybe even some of the younger guys able to handle whatever may come.
    Guess maybe I meant more of an X-factor than a ? guy. As I said, he could be an all-conference guy. He just hasn’t had the time to shine yet.

Im looking forward to our depth developing. Definitely some ?s around.

It is just about 1 month out and I am just surprised at how nonchalant all of us are about having QB's that have not started or even basically played in a meaningful college game in a Bison uniform. Most teams would have pages and pages of threads devoted to just this one topic. Not us, nope we expect to have great QB play and have arguably the most important position on the field more than likely filled by a Redshirt Freshman.

Now thats some GIGANTIC Internet SWAGGER!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    It is just about 1 month out and I am just surprised at how nonchalant all of us are about having QB's that have not started or even basically played in a meaningful college game in a Bison uniform. Most teams would have pages and pages of threads devoted to just this one topic. Not us, nope we expect to have great QB play and have arguably the most important position on the field more than likely filled by a Redshirt Freshman.

Yeah but, we’ve got Randy Hedberg, so...
    Don't believe everything you think.

Dudes named after a friggin trident. We good.

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Zeb Noland played well against both Oklahoma and TCU last year. If Trey (or any other QB) beats him for
    The starting job, they’re probably the second coming of Ginger Jesus.

Hedberg told us who would start today at Qb

Someone on the roster. His joke, not mine
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Hedberg told us who would start today at Qb
    Someone on the roster. His joke, not mine
    At least that narrows things down.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix