Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Team

Default Re: 2019 Team

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I am no expert, but I think in order to be granted a 6th year they need to have the same injury twice in 5 years? Example: Vraa broke his collarbone twice, Vaadeland injured his knee twice.

Don't quote me on this, but I thought that was the rule. I could be totally off.
    """"On rare occasions, players may be allowed to play in their sixth year of college if they suffered a serious injury that kept them from competing for more than one season. Former Oklahoma Sooners quarterback Jason White is perhaps the best known example of this; White had redshirted his first year, then subsequently tore the ACL in both knees, forcing him to miss nearly two years of eligible play time. Another recent example is former Houston Cougars quarterback Case Keenum; Keenum redshirted his freshman year of 2006, and subsequently tore an ACL three games into the 2010 season, which would have otherwise been his final year of eligibility.""""

I take this to mean the player experienced two season ending injuries.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thread bump. Don’t want any lingering rival fans thinking the cupboard is empty after Klieman is officially gone.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Thread bump. Don’t want any lingering rival fans thinking the cupboard is empty after Klieman is officially gone.
    We will have 4 stud running backs, 3 stud TEs, FB, solid receivers, 2 starting bookends, and talented and experienced young guys to fill the inside. QB is a question mark but Hotchkiss and Lance have good futures. Should be a good battle for 2019.

Defensive line will be talented and deep, although not as deep as this year. Lots of young talent. Corners are great. Tutsie and Hendricks. Linebackers is a question mark but Jabril may be the best player in the FCS

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

DT and LB (outside of Cox) are a concern along with WR depth, and not sure about SS

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    DT and LB (outside of Cox) are a concern along with WR depth, and not sure about SS
    I think Tutsie will have the SS position pretty well locked down assuming he can stay healthy.

At those respective positions we will have:

Cole Karcz
    Aaron Mercadel
    Michael Tutsie

All have proven themselves capable in spots. Next year we get both Jasir Cox and Mark Stumpf. See if they can live up to their older brothers' play.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m really not worried about LB as long as Jabril is back there. We have a lot of young guys back there that are athletic and that doesn’t include any of the backers coming in with this class assuming they all sign. With Hendricks, Tutsie, Jackson Brown I think safety will be pretty solid.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

DT should be a strength. Karcz will be an all American caliber player. Quin Alo is uber talented and Matt Biegler has looked good. And dont forget Jack Darnell who will save the best for his senior season. Plus Spencer Waege can move inside on pass rush downs. Lots of good young talent.

Linebackers will be interesting but We have plenty of players with time in our system. Jaxon Brown will be in year #2. Hankey looked good. Mercadel if healthy could be a good one.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    DT should be a strength. Karcz will be an all American caliber player. Quin Alo is uber talented and Matt Biegler has looked good. And dont forget Jack Darnell who will save the best for his senior season. Plus Spencer Waege can move inside on pass rush downs. Lots of good young talent.

Linebackers will be interesting but We have plenty of players with time in our system. Jaxon Brown will be in year #2. Hankey looked good. Mercadel if healthy could be a good one.
    After seeing him assassinate kick returners last year.....I'm a big Mercadel fan.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We will have 4 stud running backs, 3 stud TEs, FB, solid receivers, 2 starting bookends, and talented and experienced young guys to fill the inside. QB is a question mark but Hotchkiss and Lance have good futures. Should be a good battle for 2019.

Defensive line will be talented and deep, although not as deep as this year. Lots of young talent. Corners are great. Tutsie and Hendricks. Linebackers is a question mark but Jabril may be the best player in the FCS
    I think that'll be the big question at a lot of spots next year; just the loss of proven depth that comes with a large senior class where nearly every one of them is a fairly major contributor. Who wins the QB job will be the big story because Easton in his current form is not replaceable in the immediate future. Story #2 will be the transition to Entz and his staff. But there are a lot of talented kids in the last two classes, and a lot of snaps are opening up for next year. Spring ball should be a blast to follow and should be incredibly competitive.

100% agree on Jabril.....insane amount of talent.