Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: 2019 Team

Default Re: 2019 Team

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    From ESPN's article, College football midseason awards: The best players, teams and moments (https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-teams-moments)
    Wow that's awesome

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Being a total green/gold homer,
    in looking at Dom’s latest bracketology the Bison
    would first face Fighting Hawks, then #8 Central Arkansas,
    then #4 SDSU then James Madison.
    At least there would be one new team in the FargoDome....
    If SDSU falters, then someone new like Sacramento State maybe......

Jackrabbits now faced with game planning for a true freshman QB (Heide), somewhat like what the Bison had to do when Carson Wentz was injured against the Coyotes and RFR Stick took over. Will be interesting to see if SDSU can win out, they now have no reason to overlook anyone, will need Pierre Strong & the OLine to protect the QB.

Anyways, only 1 game this week - get those ‘Guins!!!

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-..._411JQ.twitter

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Being a total green/gold homer,
    in looking at Dom’s latest bracketology the Bison
    would first face Fighting Hawks, then #8 Central Arkansas,
    then #4 SDSU then James Madison.
    At least there would be one new team in the FargoDome....
    If SDSU falters, then someone new like Sacramento State maybe......

Jackrabbits now faced with game planning for a true freshman QB (Heide), somewhat like what the Bison had to do when Carson Wentz was injured against the Coyotes and RFR Stick took over. Will be interesting to see if SDSU can win out, they now have no reason to overlook anyone, will need Pierre Strong & the OLine to protect the QB.

Anyways, only 1 game this week - get those ‘Guins!!!

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-..._411JQ.twitter
    If the Jacks can win out to get to 10-2 I think they're the #3 seed. The Big Sky is likely going to have a strong contender at that spot as well (either Sac St or Weber St) but both those teams would also be 10-2 but with 2 FBS losses. The thing is all 4 of those FBS teams they've played are rated lower than NDSU (and Minnesota for that matter) by both Massey and Sagarin. I really hope the committee doesn't punish SDSU for an FCS loss when that FCS team is better than the majority of FBS teams the other contenders have lost to.

Of course SDSU is always good for losing one regular season game per year they have no business losing and with the backup true freshman QB in there it seems even more likely that they're going to have at least one game where things get out of control.

Btw, the committee is releasing their first and only pre-bracket top 10 ranking of the year next Wednesday night. It'll be interesting to see where SDSU fits into that in relation to those Big Sky teams (assuming they beat Misery St this Saturday).

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If the Jacks can win out to get to 10-2 I think they're the #3 seed. The Big Sky is likely going to have a strong contender at that spot as well (either Sac St or Weber St) but both those teams would also be 10-2 but with 2 FBS losses. The thing is all 4 of those FBS teams they've played are rated lower than NDSU (and Minnesota for that matter) by both Massey and Sagarin. I really hope the committee doesn't punish SDSU for an FCS loss when that FCS team is better than the majority of FBS teams the other contenders have lost to.

Of course SDSU is always good for losing one regular season game per year they have no business losing and with the backup true freshman QB in there it seems even more likely that they're going to have at least one game where things get out of control.

Btw, the committee is releasing their first and only pre-bracket top 10 ranking of the year next Wednesday night. It'll be interesting to see where SDSU fits into that in relation to those Big Sky teams (assuming they beat Misery St this Saturday).
    I agree with you that if the Jacks get to 10-2 they should be the #3 seed, if for no other reason their 2 losses were against better teams than the other two and honestly were more competitive as both came down to the last few minutes of each game.

I wasn't able to watch the game Saturday, but did watch it Tues and Wed nights and I'll be surprised if SDSU doesn't lose this weekend. Obviously both teams wanted that game on Saturday but it was even more obvious that it was their Super Bowl and emotionally I think they'll be spent this week. The only thing that could get them back is with Gibbs being out now that has the probably of refocusing the team to be able to get the job done this weekend just like when Stick came in for Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I agree with you that if the Jacks get to 10-2 they should be the #3 seed, if for no other reason their 2 losses were against better teams than the other two and honestly were more competitive as both came down to the last few minutes of each game.

I wasn't able to watch the game Saturday, but did watch it Tues and Wed nights and I'll be surprised if SDSU doesn't lose this weekend. Obviously both teams wanted that game on Saturday but it was even more obvious that it was their Super Bowl and emotionally I think they'll be spent this week. The only thing that could get them back is with Gibbs being out now that has the probably of refocusing the team to be able to get the job done this weekend just like when Stick came in for Carson.
    They are playing Missouri St also. They could not show up for a half and still win by 2 scores.

Ive seen some comments on Twitter denying it, but SDSU is NOT the same team without Gibbs. We'll see if he can be back by playoffs

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SDSU has by far the best FCS loss in the subdivision.

Missouri State Defense gave Trey Lance fits, they will eat up this freshman from sdsu.

Msu 13
    sdsu 9

my prediction
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?