Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Team

Default Re: 2019 Team

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think the way everything is laid out, we are in as good of shape if not better from a coaching staff than when we were when Bohl left.

My bigger concern is some coaches could be quick stop coaches
    Fully agree with this. I think Kleiman took the program higher. Entz could do the same. Honestly, Enzt sounds more polished than Kleiman at the same stage. We are in good hands!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Great interview.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Fully agree with this. I think Kleiman took the program higher. Entz could do the same. Honestly, Enzt sounds more polished than Kleiman at the same stage. We are in good hands!

That first interview with Entz was sweet. He looked as though he had been in that position for a very long time.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I am totally fired up for this coaching staff. Good mix of experienced coaches and young and hungry coaches with some outside influence.

Love the fact Entz is making his new coaches learn the terminology. It just works better because the players already know the system and can react instead of starting from scratch. Continuity. We will have that at the QB coach and TEs.

Hedberg is in a great position as associate head coach and passing game coordinator. Having continuity is a big deal. He will also be in the booth with Tyler and can be a good mentor for him. I also like how the staff is loaded with some great minds. Does anyone realize the last 7 years, a pretty good Duluth teams offensive Coordinators were...Dan Larson and then Noah Pauly. And Dan Larson was a good head coach and took over a team that was 0-10. Not to mention his position coach, running back, he coached an All American at Colgate. And AJ Blazek is the obvious big name coach.

Roehl will be an excellent Coordinator. 6 years as a Bison coach, 1 year at Concordia, 2 year high school coach, and 5 years in the Bison offense as a player. Hes only been around Pat Perles, Steve Laqua, Tim Polasek, Brent Vigen, and Courtney Messingham. He knows the Bison offense as good or better than you can find.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I am totally fired up for this coaching staff. Good mix of experienced coaches and young and hungry coaches with some outside influence.

Love the fact Entz is making his new coaches learn the terminology. It just works better because the players already know the system and can react instead of starting from scratch. Continuity. We will have that at the QB coach and TEs.

Hedberg is in a great position as associate head coach and passing game coordinator. Having continuity is a big deal. He will also be in the booth with Tyler and can be a good mentor for him. I also like how the staff is loaded with some great minds. Does anyone realize the last 7 years, a pretty good Duluth teams offensive Coordinators were...Dan Larson and then Noah Pauly. And Dan Larson was a good head coach and took over a team that was 0-10. Not to mention his position coach, running back, he coached an All American at Colgate. And AJ Blazek is the obvious big name coach.

Roehl will be an excellent Coordinator. 6 years as a Bison coach, 1 year at Concordia, 2 year high school coach, and 5 years in the Bison offense as a player. Hes only been around Pat Perles, Steve Laqua, Tim Polasek, Brent Vigen, and Courtney Messingham. He knows the Bison offense as good or better than you can find.
    Knows the Bison offense?? Tyler is the Bison offense. He can make it whatever he wants. He won't be asking Klieman or Messingham concerning any
    thing he wants to implement.

Yes! I've been hoping for that approach forever.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Has Colgate's TJ Holl made a decision where he's going?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    That would be a double killer for the Jackrabbits.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    That would be a double killer for the Jackrabbits.
    That could be fun. Close enough for them to have some fans (they are pretty good fans also)
    And yes, they could gloat at the jerkrabbits. Besides, I don’t think you can buy joose in Fargo
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans