Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Team

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Team

Bisonation had this on its website. The College Football America Yearbook 2019 Preseason FCS Top 30 rates NDSU #1

https://postinspostcards.com/2019/07...on-fcs-top-30/

I think coach already told us last spring who the starting QB was. He made fairly lengthy and adamant comments on leadership; going on and on about taking control of the huddle and this and that and a few others. He stated very clearly for all who had an ear to hear, leadership was the number one thing he was looking for.

The one thing Zeb Noland was renowned for from his youth and all through to this point was elite leadership qualities. Trey is truly gifted, but he probably isn't that kind of leader .................YET.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I think coach already told us last spring who the starting QB was. He made fairly lengthy and adamant comments on leadership; going on and on about taking control of the huddle and this and that and a few others. He stated very clearly for all who had an ear to hear, leadership was the number one thing he was looking for.

The one thing Zeb Noland was renowned for from his youth and all through to this point was elite leadership qualities. Trey is truly gifted, but he probably isn't that kind of leader .................YET.
    If you are correct I will not be the only one who will be shocked.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Yep, I would be one of those as well. I have no inside knowledge but the feeling I've gotten is that Trey was being groomed to be the next starting QB all year last year. I think Noland's addition was moreso an indictment of the lack of depth at QB and the fact that SDSU wanted him bad. No offense meant to him but I think he's an insurance policy that fits here at NDSU because he basically took over Henry Van Dellen's spot and scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Understatement of the year. I expect to see them both on the field.

One has to wonder about this guy and the divisive statements that he likes to come on here to sow …

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Understatement of the year. I expect to see them both on the field.

One has to wonder about this guy and the divisive statements that he likes to come on here to sow …
    Consistency is best, but having opposing teams plan for two qbs can’t hurt
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Consistency is best, but having opposing teams plan for two qbs can’t hurt
    Yeah, other than it being a gimmick for a series at most I don't like rotating QBs. I've always subscribed to the theory "if you have 2 QBs you have no QBs".

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, other than it being a gimmick for a series at most I don't like rotating QBs. I've always subscribed to the theory "if you have 2 QBs you have no QBs".
    Yep it needs to be someones team, someone is the General, Someone is the hero or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This..........
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    This..........
    Not what I meant. Never been a fan of the 2 QB system either, but if Trey gets the start (my bet), there will be dings (especially given the way he plays) and there will be blowouts. Zeb (assuming I’m right) gets significant reps in those scenarios, and I would expect him to shine.