Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendance

Default Re: Attendance

Now, now.... remember... they had to WALK to the student union & pay $6. for their tickets. Effort was involved. (Sorry, I know this does not pertain to ALL students.)
    (Our daughter went in with a $5. bill.... went back to her vehicle to scrounge up some dimes!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I just don't understand why it was so hard to get more season tickets last winter. Didn't even get a phone call yet I end up with a bobcat sitting in front of me for the playoffs and a half empty student section. Yeah I could purchase tickets but it would be nice to have season seats for the entire family together. My 2 year old cheers louder than some regulars. That's what is frustrating.
    Were you varsity letter-winning athlete at SU?

The calls come in order of priority points to which graduated athletes get a 100 out the door. Thus, one needs to do donate about $5k even to sniff being on an equal playing field. One can figure each year there is a new class of graduating athletes. Plus the natural increase per consecutive year for past athletes makes it tough for anyone that does not have a pile of cash laying around to joinn the fun. The reality is a nonathelete will never catch up unless they are able to put out a pile of $$$$ along they way. BTW not trying to start a fight here just exapling a fact as to why one might not have gotten a call.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 12-02-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    students are the people pouring your drinks and waiting your tables after the game. You want students to show up, maybe lets go back to the good old days when you didn't have to work 30 hours a week just to cover tuition
    Give me some kind of timeline when that was. I worked 42.5 hours a week at night for five years in the early '70s and was a full-time student during the day while I got 2 degrees.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Did you also walk uphill both to and from work and school in a blizzard every day?

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Give me some kind of timeline when that was. I worked 42.5 hours a week at night for five years in the early '70s and was a full-time student during the day while I got 2 degrees.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Did you also walk uphill both to and from work and school in a blizzard every day?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    How did you know?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

students are the people pouring your drinks and waiting your tables after the game. You want students to show up, maybe lets go back to the good old days when you didn't have to work 30 hours a week just to cover tuition
    I agree with the sentiment. But I'm not sure how far back you'd have to go to get to the good old days. I went to college in the mid- and late-80s. I had to work to pay the bills. Sears electronics counter. Sub sandwich maker. Church janitor. Except for the privileged few, working in college is part of life and has been for as long as I've been around.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Hmmmm the good old days??? Back in the 70 there were student who needed to work and put themselves through college. So that one doesnt wash.

With that said---students are students and they do what they want. 14 years ago when I reconnected with NDSU and came on board here people were bitching about the students and the same shit. People dont cheer loud enough, they dont stand, People park there cars at tailgate and dont tailgate etc etc etc.

So no I wasnt disappointed in the attendance. Only a certain percentage of students have interest in the universities sports teams. Plus people have shit to do. Plans change. Life can get busy. Priorities change.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Hmmmm the good old days??? Back in the 70 there were student who needed to work and put themselves through college. So that one doesnt wash.

With that said---students are students and they do what they want. 14 years ago when I reconnected with NDSU and came on board here people were bitching about the students and the same shit. People dont cheer loud enough, they dont stand, People park there cars at tailgate and dont tailgate etc etc etc.

So no I wasnt disappointed in the attendance. Only a certain percentage of students have interest in the universities sports teams. Plus people have shit to do. Plans change. Life can get busy. Priorities change.
    Well depending on what institution you ask..... today's students are actually working less and relying more on loans to subsidize their living expenses. Just saying :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Were you varsity letter-winning athlete at SU?

The calls come in order of priority points to which graduated athletes get a 100 out the door. Thus, one needs to do donate about $5k even to sniff being on an equal playing field. One can figure each year there is a new class of graduating athletes. Plus the natural increase per consecutive year for past athletes makes it tough for anyone that does not have a pile of cash laying around to joinn the fun. The reality is a nonathelete will never catch up unless they are able to put out a pile of $$$$ along they way. BTW not trying to start a fight here just exapling a fact as to why one might not have gotten a call.
    The 100 points dont mean squat unless you join TM. You would be surprised on how few athletes are TM members as opposed to the general population.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    https://twitter.com/D_Marlette25/sta...313230337?s=19

Marlette calls out students for not filling their section.
    Good for him! If nothing else, he's making the statement that corner matters to the team and players notice. We all had classes and work back in college too but seemed to get to the games.....outdoors!.........and had to walk uphill!..........both ways!!!!...........in the snow!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013