Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendance

Default Re: Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by herdbot View Post
    considering most have never been to a game, they probably dont know who chris klieman is, much less dan marlette
    it is their personal right to not give two shits about football as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Give me some kind of timeline when that was. I worked 42.5 hours a week at night for five years in the early '70s and was a full-time student during the day while I got 2 degrees.

Yeah but your history class was much easier because there was so much less of it. LOL I kid, I kid

They are paying for those seats through their fees. If they don’t want to go, fine.
    Resell them and move on.
    But, they do need to make it clear, even back in August, that seats go on sale through out the season. They need to find a way to not use the words sold out until it truly is sold out
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbear99 View Post
    Yeah but your history class was much easier because there was so much less of it. LOL I kid, I kid
    Quoted for truth.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

LAW OF DECREASING MARGINAL UTILITY

all things being equal- The 7th championship drive will inherently create less interest than the first. Die-hards are essentially immune to this, but new fans (Students) are not.

I'm not excusing their lack of enthusiasm, but this phenomenon can be seen in almost every aspect of life.

The first iphone had RIDICULOUS hype. the Iphone 10 didn't, even though its vastly more impressive than the original etc.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    LAW OF DECREASING MARGINAL UTILITY

all things being equal- The 7th championship drive will inherently create less interest than the first. Die-hards are essentially immune to this, but new fans (Students) are not.

I'm not excusing their lack of enthusiasm, but this phenomenon can be seen in almost every aspect of life.

The first iphone had RIDICULOUS hype. the Iphone 10 didn't, even though its vastly more impressive than the original etc.
    People still lined up to buy it though. Bars in Frisco will still be full, the tailgate lot will still be as full as it can be, they will still sell out of season tickets.

-
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    People still lined up to buy it though. Bars in Frisco will still be full, the tailgate lot will still be as full as it can be, they will still sell out of season tickets.

-
    Thats because of, well, beer and barbecue
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    So screw the nearly quarter-million people in the metro area to get another 1700 in the dome? No PR nightmare there....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it would work like magic. If there was a blackout in the FM area the place would sell out instantly and then the blackout would be lifted. Not rocket science.

How hard is it to drive across town and buy a ticket to go to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Yes, it would work like magic. If there was a blackout in the FM area the place would sell out instantly and then the blackout would be lifted. Not rocket science.

How hard is it to drive across town and buy a ticket to go to the game?
    The current unsold tickets are from the student allotment. All seats in the dome that were for sale on opening day are sold. There wouldn't be a blackout even if that was a thing.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post

-
    Totally agree 100%. Im just saying that's why studetns dont seem to be as enthusiastic as before. Die hards are immune IMO. Single game tix still sell out in mere moments etc.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS