Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Attendance

Default Re: Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Power View Post
    I was able to purchase at least 2 tickets to every home game this year including playoffs from gobison.com. I am about 99% sure the reason there are empty seats is beacuse people believe there is no way to buy them except from 3rd parties. NDSU needs to advertise better.
    ^This!^

Everyone is quick to throw the students under the bus. I don’t dispute that student attendance is down. But, NDSU knows by 5:00 Tuesday how many student tickets are sold. Tuesday’s the cut-off. Section 13 sits empty because somebody drops the ball on getting it sold. It hasn’t been a student section for some time. There are ushers there, not allowing students into that section. I see all kinds of posts all over social media looking for tickets when I believe they’re available to them from NDSU but not aware of it.

Stop blaming the students for all of the attendance issues. They’ll be out in force on Friday!

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I saw a picture on twitter of the student section from Saturday's game. Can't find it now. Would we say it was 40% full?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    I saw a picture on twitter of the student section from Saturday's game. Can't find it now. Would we say it was 40% full?
    We were in section 10 and the student section was maybe 30-40% full plus at least a dozen empty rows in the corners of the north end zone.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you need to present your student ID to use a student ticket. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'm just wondering if they get a paper/pdf ticket they can then sell to someone else or if the ticket just goes onto their ID badge. I'm sure some students would stand in line for an hour to make a quick $100 bucks if they could.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'm just wondering if they get a paper/pdf ticket they can then sell to someone else or if the ticket just goes onto their ID badge. I'm sure some students would stand in line for an hour to make a quick $100 bucks if they could.
    During the regular season student tickets are reserved online and loaded onto their student IDs. For playoffs, they check the ID when you buy the ticket and then you are given a regular ticket. So they could technically sell playoff tickets but not regular season ones.

Problem with that is you have a very limited scalping group to sell to I'd say 75% of buyers want 2+ tickets together in my experience selling tickets, doubles and singles. Not that you couldn't collude with a buddy but what would be the point you maybe could make $30 some off it maybe more if you did a bit more legwork. Granted that is decent beer money for most college kids.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Must be very limited tickets available this morning. They don't even give you the option to choose your seats. Can only select price level and the quantity you want (4 ticket limit).

Wanted two and they are unavailable.
    2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 National FCS Champions.

Eight is Great!!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Struck out again today. I'm trying to get my son to the game with my dad. He's 14 and hasn't missed a home game since he was under 1. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Struck out again today. I'm trying to get my son to the game with my dad. He's 14 and hasn't missed a home game since he was under 1. Any help would be appreciated.
    Keep trying. I just now got in for 2 tickets.