Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendance

Default Re: Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Yes, it would work like magic. If there was a blackout in the FM area the place would sell out instantly and then the blackout would be lifted. Not rocket science.

How hard is it to drive across town and buy a ticket to go to the game?
    Do you realize NDSU gets paid 1.2 million over 3 years to air their games on NBC? Blacking out games for 1500 tickets is not a good deal. Besides, last weeks game wansnt even on NBC. TV exposure is everything.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Someone mentioned that student attendance is down at other colleges as well.
    JMU offers their students a semester scholarship, & the winner is announced during the 4th quarter. Of course you have to be present to win!
    Idk the $$ amt. but my source says it is substantial.

Here is a ‘we should count our blessings’ article

https://www.mdjonline.com/sports/com...dde85bc53.html
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post

Winter weather. Short notice to buy tickets. It's quite amazing how we can draw so well on short notice. Ask SDSU

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Winter weather. Short notice to buy tickets. It's quite amazing how we can draw so well on short notice. Ask SDSU
    This is soo true!

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post

No punches pulled there. But he has a very valid point. With them being a new program and winning at the level they are, and attendance is going down. No students as well. ouch.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I was gonna mention the weather. I dont know first hand but heard from people i know that traveled to the game from central ND that the conditions were not all the great on saturday. It will be interesting to see how well the attendance is this week on what should be a better weekend for travel

As a side note NDSU did have the highest attended game of the playoffs so far and that was by a wide margin (nearly 6k) https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...ound-2018-ajaj

https://twitter.com/swany8/status/1070117925670014977

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Ragging on KSU students for not showing up is a bit different. I will defend NDSU students for not showing up, though I think I can count on one hand how many games I missed in my five years at NDSU. KSU is in Georgia, take a wild guess who they watch every weekend... I'll give you a hint, they played against Alabama for the right to go to the CFP.

I'm a big FBS guy, I watch Notre Dame every weekend. The people down here in the south make me look like a casual fan. My best friend down here went to Alabama-Huntsville. He called me borderline crying last weekend after Alabama beat Georgia. The FBS schools here elicit the pride NDSU/UND elicit from ND residents multiplied by about ten.

A school like Kennesaw State is viewed by them the same way we look at schools like Mary or Minot State. At most, a few locals and maybe a few alums really care about it.
    Last edited by ByeSonBusiness; 12-05-2018 at 05:59 AM.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Someone mentioned that student attendance is down at other colleges as well.
    JMU offers their students a semester scholarship, & the winner is announced during the 4th quarter. Of course you have to be present to win!
    Idk the $$ amt. but my source says it is substantial.
    Is it to the point where the students may lose another section in the future (as soon as next year)? One would have to assume that the powers-that-be are more than aware of the lack of student attendance and it irks them knowing how much of a boost in Team Maker fees are being left on the table.