Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    So far NDSU has refused a grand total of zero FBS conference invites. The only one that looks attractive is the Mountain West. They have 12 members for football. Extremely unlikely to add another team unless one leaves the conference.
    So you're saying we need to start a campaign to get one of those teams into another conference?

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Matthew.Larson@ndsu.edu
    701-231-8985

Let us know what the athletic director says has been done in regards to begging FBS conferences to take us.
    Let me paraphrase his response: "We like were we are at right now and feel NDSU is in the best division for NDSU."

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    Just an FYI, I had a few conversations this week with people that have quit trying to get tickets just assuming everything is always a sellout. I informed them that playoff games, especially the early ones have tickets available. They were shocked. I have a feeling that this is very common.

I know I wait for the playoffs to take my son to the games without relying on season ticket holders to help me out. That place would be full every playoff games with the right communications.
    I run across this from time to time. I often wonder how many of those that are shocked there are tickets out there would actually buy them. I think people like the idea of NDSU being so popular and so good hat no one can get tickets. That mentality spreads throughout the community and it's fun to talk about in social circles but anyone that really wanted to go to a game would already know they are available for face value every single week.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    So far NDSU has refused a grand total of zero FBS conference invites. The only one that looks attractive is the Mountain West. They have 12 members for football. Extremely unlikely to add another team unless one leaves the conference.
    True, but how many conference invites did we have when we moved from D2 to D1AA?
    Go Bison.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I run across this from time to time. I often wonder how many of those that are shocked there are tickets out there would actually buy them. I think people like the idea of NDSU being so popular and so good hat no one can get tickets. That mentality spreads throughout the community and it's fun to talk about in social circles but anyone that really wanted to go to a game would already know they are available for face value every single week.
    NDSU's website was a little wacky last week though. I checked right away when they became available and it said nothing available. I checked later and the best that I could get was Section 12 at the top.

We don't have season tickets but have missed very few games and none to not being able to get tickets. NDSU's playoff ticket selling changes every year though. I wish they would communicate more with what they will be selling. Some years they release the south end zone immediately and sometimes they don't. It is really frustrating how inconsistent it is, especially we've had playoff home games now for a few years. I would think it's a well oiled machine by now but it changes every year.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    NDSU's website was a little wacky last week though. I checked right away when they became available and it said nothing available. I checked later and the best that I could get was Section 12 at the top.

We don't have season tickets but have missed very few games and none to not being able to get tickets. NDSU's playoff ticket selling changes every year though. I wish they would communicate more with what they will be selling. Some years they release the south end zone immediately and sometimes they don't. It is really frustrating how inconsistent it is, especially we've had playoff home games now for a few years. I would think it's a well oiled machine by now but it changes every year.
    I think they also rely on the media making mention of it during their sports portion of the nightly news. Who watches that anymore? And without detail simply saying "There are still tickets available for Saturday's game" doesn't drive anyone to buy.

When you are Class B your goal is to someday compete with and beat Class A, If you aren't moving forward your dying.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    What is being done to secure an invite? Nothing. It is not a mystery. The AD and President have both stated several times that there will not be a move to FBS under the current landscape and that NDSU will play at the second tier whatever that may be.
    We currently play in the 3rd tier right?
    P5
    G5
    FCS
    Go Bison.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    P5
    G5
    FCS
    I agree with this.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    P5
    G5
    FCS
    P5 and G5 are still both considered Division 1 or FBS if you prefer.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix