Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    that's a great complete dodge of the question.

"FCS is automatically better because there is a game on 12/8 and none in the FBS!" now that's an argument I've never heard before. points for originality at least!
    TBH that's kind of the point I was trying to make. I'd much rather be having fun watching the game this weekend.

I also happened along this story. A cautionary tale for sure. https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...story,amp.html
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Mfergy4 View Post
    BAM!! Hit it right on the head...FBS has no "Real" Play-off set up, done at the end of the conference season, and hope for a bowl game in three to four weeks....never a home bowl game either. I wonder if the NCAA has ever really sat down and played the dollar numbers game if FBS went to a 24-seed, home field advantage, New Orleans as the Championship site, and TV rights $$$$$$ Thus far in the FCS there have been 16 playoff games played, and 7 left to play counting this weekends games for a total of 23 games. Not sure how many bowl games there but I do not think it is that many....bowl sponsors could bid on which game they want to sponsor at the higher seeds home field. CBS, NBC, ABC and ESPN bidding wars on game coverage. Image Tennessee vs USC for a quarter final game, or UFC at Portland for a 1st round game. Might return the FBS back to a more level playing field across all the conferences if there was really something worth playing other than a stupid Tostitos Bowl or Hallmark Bowl trophy. Make the FBS Playoffs really mean something.
    FYI, the NCAA has little control over the FBS, especially after the 2014 vote. FBS is controlled by the ten conferences, with a ton of weight given to the Power Five conferences. The reason for the four-team bracket was to guarantee the P5 schools would get all the money revenue from the three games of the CFP while the Group of Five conferences were left on the outside looking in and hoping for scraps. With the four team playoff leaving out more than one P5 conference the past few years, perhaps the decision-makers will expand the bracket to eight teams. However, the idea of P5 conferences sharing money with the G5 seems like a difficult decision for the powers to be.

In regards to NCAA controlling football, they run everything from the FCS to DIII, where little to no money is to be earned. The NCAA makes their money off of NCAA Basketball (about a billion a year). That money pays for all of their expenses, including Championship Games of other sports such as the FCS (DI) Football Game in Frisco.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    FYI, the NCAA has little control over the FBS, especially after the 2014 vote. FBS is controlled by the ten conferences, with a ton of weight given to the Power Five conferences. The reason for the four-team bracket was to guarantee the P5 schools would get all the money revenue from the three games of the CFP while the Group of Five conferences were left on the outside looking in and hoping for scraps. With the four team playoff leaving out more than one P5 conference the past few years, perhaps the decision-makers will expand the bracket to eight teams. However, the idea of P5 conferences sharing money with the G5 seems like a difficult decision for the powers to be.

In regards to NCAA controlling football, they run everything from the FCS to DIII, where little to no money is to be earned. The NCAA makes their money off of NCAA Basketball (about a billion a year). That money pays for all of their expenses, including Championship Games of other sports such as the FCS (DI) Football Game in Frisco.
    VET70 - thanks for the bowl count of 39....can any one name more the 9 of them???

Mr Moen, thank you for the insight on how FBS is run....sounds a bit monopolistic...too bad for the entire FBS.

It would be great for it to fill up to show appreciation for what could potentially be Klieman's last game here
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    What if kennesaw comes

If Kennesaw comes it still sells out easy just wont be scalper demand. Assuming its the Friday night game which is usually the most fun bison game each year. get to see most of these guys for last time if you dont go to Frisco and the Friday night creates a lot better crowd and atmosphere.

even this Colgate game would be a sell out if it was Friday night.. when there isn't anything to do

Don't forget there is a good change we will will continue to enjoy home playoff games. Not many teams would outbid us if we had to play in first round and all seeded teams host in the second round. Some conferences may have a championship game hosted by one of the participants, and that's it for home "postseason" action.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    TBH that's kind of the point I was trying to make. I'd much rather be having fun watching the game this weekend.

I also happened along this story. A cautionary tale for sure. https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...story,amp.html
    It's OK to not be OK.

Just wanted to bump this thread and say well done Bison Nation. I started this thread to bitch and I'm happy to be put in my place by a great crowd tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Just wanted to bump this thread and say well done Bison Nation. I started this thread to bitch and I'm happy to be put in my place by a great crowd tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Morning after throat burn feels soooooooo good.