Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

I wasn't experiencing "FCS Fatigue" when JMU was celebrating in the Fargodome, nor when I watched the nerve-wracking Championship against them last year. FCS Fatigue must be a "living in Fargo" thing. Here in Oklahoma, I love it when wearing NDSU gear brings all kinds of compliments and recognition for what we do from a state full of FBS fans. I would have thought we'd learned that Frisco is not a given, and though this teams looks much like 2013, we haven't won it yet.

This is one of the best Bison teams ever. The fans have been great early in games but it's tough to get fired up when a game is over half way through the 2nd quarter. That's fine.

As far as attendance goes, the game would have sold out had students showed up. The students just dont seem to care and apparently there aren't enough fans to pick up the slack of unclaimed tickets with 4 days notice. Or else people dont know.

Also weather had been working against us. October weather was more like December. Casual fans dont tailgate when its below freezing

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Maybe we should get pompons.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Maybe we should get pompons.
    Or Streamers?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Kid had a b-ball tournament this weekend. I'll try to do better next weekend.
    I covered you this weekend. Bought 3 tix and I usually don’t get to Fargo for games.

Gonna help out next week too unless the weather prohibits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I’ve posted infrequently and probably will continue to do so, however I felt compelled to get in on this one. I think it’s time to take G/5 offers seriously if they arise. I know about geography, academics, etc I get all of that. But when we have 10k more fans than the next attendance in rd 2 and we are upset about it- the subdivision doesn’t have a problem. We do. App won the sun belt/ it was probably awesome.They were ranked (briefly) I bet it was awesome. P5 teams actually schedule them. Get my drift? Nattys are incredible and I LOVE this team but yeah... I get it. I’ll just say it. NDSU seems to be above this level on every measurable front. It’s tough.

"I was a fan before he kicked out the cafeteria window, and still am now g.d. it." -self loathing Minnesota St alum/Bison fan just trying to get some lunch in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    I’ve posted infrequently and probably will continue to do so, however I felt compelled to get in on this one. I think it’s time to take G/5 offers seriously if they arise. I know about geography, academics, etc I get all of that. But when we have 10k more fans than the next attendance in rd 2 and we are upset about it- the subdivision doesn’t have a problem. We do. App won the sun belt/ it was probably awesome.They were ranked (briefly) I bet it was awesome. P5 teams actually schedule them. Get my drift? Nattys are incredible and I LOVE this team but yeah... I get it. I’ll just say it. NDSU seems to be above this level on every measurable front. It’s tough.

I can understand that feeling by some people, but how many of these teams would our fans be excited about seeing the team play...
    https://sunbeltsports.org/standings.aspx?path=football

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

One-fifth of all the FBS teams averaged less than 20,000 per game over a 5-year period so it's not like we would be visiting stadiums with 30,000 fans every week. https://collegefootballnews.com/2018...iggest-average If we were the best team in the Mountain West conference, we could host a conference championship game and go the Las Vegas bowl in mid-December.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post

It's OK to not be OK.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonboone11 View Post
    I can understand that feeling by some people, but how many of these teams would our fans be excited about seeing the team play...
    https://sunbeltsports.org/standings.aspx?path=football

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2 for sure but this isn’t including the 3 OOC games which would probably consist of at least 2 P5 teams and maybe a decent G5. And no I don’t like the Sunbelt.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

The FBS vs. FCS thing is a tough nut to crack and I've waffled back and forth on this issue myself. Either way, we are between a rock and a hard place. We stay FCS and our season is boring but the post-season is great. We go FBS and the non-conference season is off the charts exciting, but the season and post season will suck. I don't think a MW or MAC conference schedule will bring in any more fans or be more exciting than a MVFC schedule.

Ultimately, I think what most fans on here would like is for us to be in a P5 conference, unfortunately, that will never happen, so NDSU will always be playing second fiddle, which is too bad because we all know we could make some serious noise on the college footfall landscape if given the chance.