Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Division I includes both FBS and FCS. Anyone claiming FCS is Division II is either intentionally or ignorantly being disrespectful of the athletes and program. D2 is D2. Scholarships are one distinguishing feature, but not the only.

The truth is that NDSU can compete on the football field with any team in the country. There's only a small handful of teams that might be able to run up the score on them, but even that is questionable. If they played top-25 teams week after week, they probably wouldn't be undefeated, but they would be respected. And that's with their current D-I scholarship levels. Give them FBS-level schollies, and they could probably still up their game a bit more.
    I feel a "We Want Bama" coming on.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Why not? How about an extra game after championship games.......FCS winner vs. FBS winner. Could be Alabama vs. NDSU.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Why not? All of these other sh*tty FCS teams get to play them. I'm not saying we'd win by any means but may be competitive, for a little bit anyways. Look at this year, the Crimson Tide were actually losing to the Citadel close to halftime.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Why not? All of these other sh*tty FCS teams get to play them. I'm not saying we'd win by any means but may be competitive, for a little bit anyways. Look at this year, the Crimson Tide were actually losing to the Citadel close to halftime.
    I don't expect that we'd win either. But I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if we did. Talking to some former players, it sounds like the players would love such an opportunity. They fully expect that they'd be able to win.

NDSU could definitely be more competitive vs Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame than teams like Ole Miss, Pitt, Wake Forest, Louisiana etc.

And I'm sure the players would be up for it. They'll never admit it, but they would much rather get a shot at a top FBS team than just pulvzerize random FCS teams from around the country.

Until G5 Can get into the Playoff, G5 is DII.

P5- DI
    G5- DII Until they can get into the playoff.
    FCS- DIII
    D2-D4
    D3- D5

the arguments that we should or shouldnt move up are what they are, but I shake my head when Matt Larsen says we want to be in the 2nd tier... Matt.... We're fricken 3rd tier in reality.
    P5 plays for the real championship
    G5 plays for their championship- the fiesta bowl (until the playoff expands they are NOT playing for the real championship)
    We play for the FCS championship
    and so on

Dont let my 3rd tier comment make you think I think NDSU is little league- its not. We'd crack skulls at every level and I'm damn proud of it, but our league is absolutely not 2nd tier.. .its 3rd
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Let me paraphrase his response: "We like were we are at right now and feel NDSU is in the best division for NDSU."
    The time to go would be now. Strike while the iron is hot. Don't wait a few years for the inevitable decline to jump. Ideally you would want no drop before joining FBS, so the program can continue to grow upward.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post
    The time to go would be now. Strike while the iron is hot. Don't wait a few years for the inevitable decline to jump. Ideally you would want no drop before joining FBS, so the program can continue to grow upward.
    People were saying that after 2011/2012

"lets see if you're still thinking about FBS after a few 7-8 win seasons. there NO WAY we will win...say... 6/7 and no F*CKING way we win 7/8 championships in a row or anything absolutely impossible and unprecedented like that" ~paraphrasing of course
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    People were saying that after 2011/2012

"lets see if you're still thinking about FBS after a few 7-8 win seasons. there NO WAY we will win...say... 6/7 and no F*CKING way we win 7/8 championships in a row or anything absolutely impossible and unprecedented like that" ~paraphrasing of course
    That was too early. About 2 years ago would've been better than now actually. Capitalize on the Carson Wentz momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post
    That was too early. About 2 years ago would've been better than now actually. Capitalize on the Carson Wentz momentum.
    Agree, It just humorous that about 90% of the people who were saying "there's no way this success is sustainable, so pump the brakes on FBS" are still saying it today.

Doesnt make FBS a good or bad idea, just makes that particular argument against FBS very silly and wholly obsolete
    3. It's time to go FBS