Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    P5 and G5 are still both considered Division 1 or FBS if you prefer.
    G5 is just FCS with no championship and double the budget.

Damn that sounds fun doesn't it?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well lets just double the budget and get to play P5 teams 3-4 times a season while still playing top 25 competition in conference. AAC and MW are doing that at the moment.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    So you're saying we need to start a campaign to get one of those teams into another conference?
    Yes. Hawaii is a football only member. So let's get them to join the PAC 12.

533 In a row

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Yes. Hawaii is a football only member. So let's get them to join the PAC 12.
    Dang! Can we get in as a football only member? MWC would be of interest to me but only as a football only member, otherwise I suppose I vote for staying put but starting to put more resources towards MBB (new coach).

We could use the argument that flying to Fargo would be closer than flying all the way to Hawaii.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    NDSU's website was a little wacky last week though. I checked right away when they became available and it said nothing available. I checked later and the best that I could get was Section 12 at the top.

We don't have season tickets but have missed very few games and none to not being able to get tickets. NDSU's playoff ticket selling changes every year though. I wish they would communicate more with what they will be selling. Some years they release the south end zone immediately and sometimes they don't. It is really frustrating how inconsistent it is, especially we've had playoff home games now for a few years. I would think it's a well oiled machine by now but it changes every year.
    From now on, for playoffs, I think you can bet that sections 10-12 will be available right away. If you select tickets using the MAP, & use your cursor, you may see some tickets that are in lower rows. I saw low rows in section 12 yesterday. Looks like ticket sales are closed now.... I hope that means they sold all of them to the top, in sections 10-12!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    G5 is just FCS with no championship and double the budget.

Damn that sounds fun doesn't it?
    G5 is Division 1, FCS is Division 2, Yes, there is a difference. Its ok to admit we are the greatest division 2 football program in history, championships are championships.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    With the FBS talk at least you guys are talking about conference invites. Without that, you can't move as you can't be an independent. But even with the Mountain West and the MAC are those good fits for us?? I firmly believe that a lot of UND's money problems was having to deal with the Big Sky travel for all sports. Is NDSU in a place where they can handle that financially for all sports? And are some of the conference invites not happening because of lack of success and support for basketball right now?
    Liberty moved up as an independent. Current football independents include Liberty, Army, UMASS, NMSU, BYU, and Notre Dame. Heck, that's practically a conference's worth of a schedule right there. Notre Dame doesn't need us, but those other teams would schedule us. I'd certainly enjoy seing us play NMSU, Army, and BYU. The other upside would be that when conference slots open up, we'd already be FBS so there'd be none of the snobbery from a prospective conference about not wanting to take an FCS team into the fold.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    G5 is Division 1, FCS is Division 2, Yes, there is a difference. Its ok to admit we are the greatest division 2 football program in history, championships are championships.
    Division 2 is Division 2. Stop shitting all over these athletes by disrespecting their accomplishment.

Northwest Missouri State is Division 2.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Couple points since this discussion came up here:

1. The G5 will never split from the P5. When the playoff goes to 8, the G5 will have a seat at the table. At that point, any G5 team has a hypothetical route to a natty. So please stop using the fabled ‘split’ as a reason for anything, cuz it ain’t happening.

2. Stadium size is a nonissue and the dome is fine. In light of current attendance trends, the minimum attendance rule is a complete joke and everyone knows it. Better to have a smaller stadium that is full and loud - with demand for seats - than a large stadium that is empty and quiet. The attendance rule is just another dumb manifestation of what D1 football has become in this ridiculous bowl system.

So if you are going to argue against the FBS crowd, at least use facts. I’m happy either way as long as the program is flourishing. Right now, it is flourishing at the FCS level. Where will it be in 10 years? To me, this is the question, and you sure as hell better be thinking about it right now.

Anybody catch the MWC title game in Boise? Great game. Must admit I couldn’t help but wonder what a MWC title game in the dome would look like. Would it be rockin if we played another top 25 team for a MWC title? I would certainly hope so, but who knows.

In terms of the XDSU’s hypothetical move to FBS, here is the biggest issue – the combined population of both Dakota’s is roughly half the population of Kansas. Chew on that for a bit and get back to me. With the current structure of ND higher ed, there is no way for NDSU to go FBS. If you are serious about this, then change the look of higher ed in your state, because it currently puts a default ceiling on every school, and a low one at that.

Rant over