Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Haha yeah I was joking more about the California mind set compared to that of North Dakota.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I'm with Vet. This argument is pointless.

Right now we are doing the best with our resources compared to everyone else.

This isn't soccer, there is no relegation. The move to a different division will have only a little to do with the success of the football team.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I wonder if Alabama thinks they're becoming stagnant? Nowhere else to go and all?
    Well NDSU has plenty of room to grow........ FCS to G5 for now. As for the football stadium 19,000 might be large to someone from western North Dakota, but south, east and west of here they can build them to hold around 100,000. What is the big deal with building for the future and heaven forbid thinking of a 30,000 seat stadium. Can't believe how many here who are happy to stay exactly where they are for a long time. This country was built to grow, not stagnate. So while NDSU wants me to give more donated money I say no.......not until they start to seriously consider the future of NDSU football (FBS) and stadium expansion and share that vision with the public. They short answers so far don't show much effort.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In regards to the competition issue...I think that the fcs as a whole is somewhat down this year in a way that isn’t necessarily the new norm. Last year’s 2&3 place teams were, imo, much better than the 2&3 teams this year. That isn’t to say the top teams aren’t good. The Bison have to prep and bring their A game or someone will still beat us, but overall the level of play at the top is down some.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    You're right - NDSU has a bigger brand than many G5 schools- I'm not arguing that EVERY G5 school has a bigger brand- because they don't.

I'm saying that our already large brand wouldn't get smaller going G5, it would get larger.

Do you think AppStates and GSU's brand has been elevated since moving up? The answer is an emphatic yes. doesn't mean we have the resources to move up or that it makes it a smart decision, but I think the evidence is there that if we moved up we would likely benefit by dropping the false "DII" perception
    I would argue GSU's brand has been about the same. App State, although they were even ranked for a bit this year is most known for being the FCS team that knocked off Michigan.

Other notes... Does ESPN visit either Fargo or JMU if either of those teams are FBS? Who has a more notable national presence, Mount Union or Georgia Southern? I think there is an argument that in today's world there is an argument that dominating your level will bring you more attention than being average at the next level. And NDSU would likely be average. But if you don't want to be average... Are the fans comfortable with the way college football programs need to run to be good at the FBS level?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I think our brand is much bigger than app state and Georgia Southern.. I cant name one nfl player that played there? everyone on the east coast Knows the Bison from Wentz.

Lets say Trey lance is legit and Jabril is completely dominating everyone in 2020.. and they win number 9 out of 10...

The AD comes out and says "we have accomplished everything we set out to do in FCS" we are gonna move up and even if we are an independent- we will make it work!!

Do you think they would get that many complaints? sure we might struggle at first just like FCS but just hope the power 5 breaks away or at least sucks up 6-10 teams from the G5 and we move in there.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    I think our brand is much bigger than app state and Georgia Southern.. I cant name one nfl player that played there? everyone on the east coast Knows the Bison from Wentz.
    You must be new to Bison football.

GASO - Passing
    Player Cmp Att. Yds. TD INT Long Sack
    Jerick McKinnon 2 5 91 1 0 49 0

GASO - Rushing
    Player Att. Gain Loss Net TD Lg. Avg.
    Jerick McKinnon 31 174 6 168 1 25 5.4
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Also we compete with top 25 teams already.. can anyone give me an argument how we would recruit less talent in the FBS? assuming coaching and philosophy stays the same? are there really a lot of MN-ND-SD-IA-NE kids that would turn down FBS NDSU for a chance to play for a FCS title at SDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    You must be new to Bison football.

GASO - Passing
    Player Cmp Att. Yds. TD INT Long Sack
    Jerick McKinnon 2 5 91 1 0 49 0

GASO - Rushing
    Player Att. Gain Loss Net TD Lg. Avg.
    Jerick McKinnon 31 174 6 168 1 25 5.4

One career backup RB on the IR??? yeah I am sure nationally that enhances their brand... I wore a Bison jersey in times square and tons of people yelled or stopped to talk about it....