Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    People bitch yearly about the increase in ticket prices/TM dues. How many Bisonville sob stories about unaffordability would we hear if a move up happened? Supply/Demand would dictate a changing of the guard would occur as prices rise
    Maybe we could get rid of some of these old people.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

We are a season ticket holder and seriously thinking about letting them go after this season. I don't mind paying more if the football is good but the competition is very weak. With most of the good teams moving up a few years ago, the FCS has gotten watered down. Last week, I got an email from University of Minnesota promoting their season tickets for next year and their highest and lowest prices levels were cheaper than NDSU. Now you can debate who is better between Gophers and Bison. However, watching the Gophers play Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State is still better than the teams that NDSU plays. I like seeing the Bison win but I also want to see some good games. You should not have quarterfinal games where the Bison are favored by almost 30 points. It tells me there is no competition at the FCS level.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Univ of Wyoming is around 14,000. Arkansas State at 14,000 in Jonesboro. Coastal Carolina with 10,000. There's plenty of G5 FBS schools that are our size or smaller, and even some P5 schools.
    So you're saying you want to go to the Sun Belt. Tell me what kind of "great competition" you're going to get there.

The person to whom I was responding was talking about the AAC.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan13 View Post
    We are a season ticket holder and seriously thinking about letting them go after this season. I don't mind paying more if the football is good but the competition is very weak. With most of the good teams moving up a few years ago, the FCS has gotten watered down. Last week, I got an email from University of Minnesota promoting their season tickets for next year and their highest and lowest prices levels were cheaper than NDSU. Now you can debate who is better between Gophers and Bison. However, watching the Gophers play Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State is still better than the teams that NDSU plays. I like seeing the Bison win but I also want to see some good games. You should not have quarterfinal games where the Bison are favored by almost 30 points. It tells me there is no competition at the FCS level.
    Agree or disagree it is hard to argue with you on your points made. Wouldn't it be great if NDSU and SDSU could find their ways into the Big 12 north. I said last week that I thought Colgate would beat JMU and I was hoping so just to see somebody different come to the dome. I hate to be a sore winner but I too am getting tired of the lack of competition and few true quality FCS teams remain. (careful what I fish for???, Maybe).

As for the the crowds, there are so many old ladies draped in bison hoodies, beads and gear that are there for the ride along. Many people who never even knew bison football existed fill the seats today (a good thing of course) but, not a lot of noise and excitement in the stands. It comes with the success of a team in a small market with no other competition for the sports dollar.

Bison games aren't even Football games anymore..

its a 90 minute comedy/globetrotters show followed by a 90 minute funeral...

All of my friends now say the games are to boring. I myself enjoy laughing at the pathetic teams that come here and enjoy a good ass kicking.... but then the second half comes and the Bison wander in from their Halftime nap and go through the motions while everyone else has left.

Can we maybe get some trick plays or Easton has this bucket that everyone thinks is full of water and then throws it at the crowd and its confetti!!! now that would at least make these games more fun and sell some tickets...

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Agree or disagree it is hard to argue with you on your points made. Wouldn't it be great if NDSU and SDSU could find their ways into the Big 12 north. I said last week that I thought Colgate would beat JMU and I was hoping so just to see somebody different come to the dome. I hate to be a sore winner but I too am getting tired of the lack of competition and few true quality FCS teams remain. (careful what I fish for???, Maybe).

As for the the crowds, there are so many old ladies draped in bison hoodies, beads and gear that are there for the ride along. Many people who never even knew bison football existed fill the seats today (a good thing of course) but, not a lot of noise and excitement in the stands. It comes with the success of a team in a small market with no other competition for the sports dollar.
    Some of those "old ladies" were Bison football fans before you were probably born.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

The trolling is fantastic on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    So you're saying you want to go to the Sun Belt. Tell me what kind of "great competition" you're going to get there.

The person to whom I was responding was talking about the AAC.
    I was just saying that there are FBS schools similarly sized or smaller. But speaking of the Sunbelt, yes... App State, Georgia Southern, Troy, and all the non-conference FBS games we'd play are preferable to Western Illinois, Youngstown State, etc. The only FCS team I care much about is SDSU, but that's because they're a border state rival and usually pretty good.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by BISON Thunder View Post
    The trolling is fantastic on this thread.
    No trolling here, been a bison fan since the 1970's. "If your not moving forward your going backward"!!!

One thing I have learned about this whole "move to FBS" thing is that the people most in favor rarely leave Fargo for a game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯