Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    If the FBS move doesn't happen while NDSU is in this extended dynasty mode it will never happen. Many fans are getting so used to winning they think it just happens. They have no idea what it takes to stay at the top. Then again, I agree once you are at the top for a long time and there is another level above a move up needs to be made. The complacency thing will eventually get to the Bison football program if nothing changes.
    How many more trips to Frisco before that isn't a sellout anymore?

So far NDSU has refused a grand total of zero FBS conference invites. The only one that looks attractive is the Mountain West. They have 12 members for football. Extremely unlikely to add another team unless one leaves the conference.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    It is what it is.. ndsu is too good for this level and theres nothing left to prove.

It's like a level 1 softball beer league team full of rockstar former college stars who each bring 3 bats in their matching bags took on my pud level 4 team
    Nobody wants to see that beatdown especially 8 times a year
    ^^ AMEN fans are smart, NDSU is overmatching every team and program in this pud division!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Tell me what bowl games sell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    How many more trips to Frisco before that isn't a sellout anymore?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The arguments for moving up never change; the arguments for staying put never change. Nothing will until a G5 conference is looking to add a member; anyone know if the MAC or Mountain West are looking to expand, because I haven't heard any rumors. Or is the pro-FBS crowd ok with making the move as an independent?

Until that time, the only thing we can do is keep NDSU in good position to be an attractive invite. Change do shit about our location, which is probably the biggest single component. Keep donations high, keep paying good coaches, keep supporting athletics, look into potential options for expanding the dome capacity (as they have been doing), and (honestly, least important) keep winning football games.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    So far NDSU has refused a grand total of zero FBS conference invites. The only one that looks attractive is the Mountain West. They have 12 members for football. Extremely unlikely to add another team unless one leaves the conference.
    Invites don't usually come out of thin air. What is being done to secure one? I honestly want to know. If NDSU has asked 2 or 3 different conferences to look at them and all the conferences told us "no way in hell", then NDSU needs to tell the fans that. But they haven't told us that. NDSU hasn't told us what efforts have been made to move to FBS, only to have those efforts rebuffed. Hence, I have no reason to believe those efforts have been made.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Invites don't usually come out of thin air. What is being done to secure one? I honestly want to know. If NDSU has asked 2 or 3 different conferences to look at them and all the conferences told us "no way in hell", then NDSU needs to tell the fans that. But they haven't told us that. NDSU hasn't told us what efforts have been made to move to FBS, only to have those efforts rebuffed. Hence, I have no reason to believe those efforts have been made.
    Matthew.Larson@ndsu.edu
    701-231-8985

Let us know what the athletic director says has been done in regards to begging FBS conferences to take us.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    The arguments for moving up never change; the arguments for staying put never change. Nothing will until a G5 conference is looking to add a member; anyone know if the MAC or Mountain West are looking to expand, because I haven't heard any rumors. Or is the pro-FBS crowd ok with making the move as an independent?

Until that time, the only thing we can do is keep NDSU in good position to be an attractive invite. Change do shit about our location, which is probably the biggest single component. Keep donations high, keep paying good coaches, keep supporting athletics, look into potential options for expanding the dome capacity (as they have been doing), and (honestly, least important) keep winning football games.
    The Sun Belt is basically a bunch of formerly FCS or IAA schools that want to be FBS in name only but don't want to spend the 50-60 million dollars to be in a legitimate conference.

If you want to be FBS in name only, that's your chance. You'll never again be the best in the division and we'll never be notable again.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Tell me what bowl games sell out.
    That tiny stadium barely holds more than 20k. Selling it out isn't saying a whole lot. There are bowl games that have way larger crowds...and smaller too though.

Regardless of where NDSU is in 5/10/15 years, they need to pick a better venue for that championship game. I can't believe they were stupid enough to sign yet another contract for that place until 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    That tiny stadium barely holds more than 20k. Selling it out isn't saying a whole lot. There are bowl games that have way larger crowds...and smaller too though.

Regardless of where NDSU is in 5/10/15 years, they need to pick a better venue for that championship game. I can't believe they were stupid enough to sign yet another contract for that place until 2020.
    It's fine. Never had a problem getting a ticket and always loved the area.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯