Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    You are off on quite a tangent. All I did was agree with a poster who basically said people should do more than bitch. Show me where I posted anyrhing saying what you are attributing to me.
    So you stick in the mud, status quo people don't bitch about others discussing a topic? Give me a break. We are talking about the recent plans for the dome upgrade not including details on additional seating and suites. This is important not only for the near term, but the future should a viable FBS option present itself. As for lack of vision, guess I don't expect to change NDSUs presidents and ADs mind, but I do think more and more Bisonvillers realize something needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    One could argue that they are pursuing a vision. What is NDSU working on right now? Facility upgrades including a practice facility. These items not only lure and serve student-athletes but also show prospective FBS conferences we are serious. I would argue we are building the foundation to be in the right spot if the situation arises. To say "there is no vision and we are staying at the status quo" I don't think is representative of what is happening.
    I think this post is dead on... I just don't get why some people go all nuts when people want to have the FBS argument.

Like I said many times... The move to FBS is a legit argument to have there are good points on both sides of this issue.

Imo..Concerning our fundraising we do an excellent job... Could there be improvements absolutely but for the most part I think we're doing a pretty good job

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I also think its a legit debate if life in a G5 conference represents "an elevated national brand". Granted, a lot of that has to do with the success of Carson Wentz, but I would argue in today's world NDSU has a much more recognizable brand than most G5 schools.
    Don't grant them anything. Nationally no one cares about G5 teams unless they’ve got a 1st round QB talent either. The level of competition is not better, the exposure is only marginally better, the post season is materially worse, and the costs are double.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 12-04-2018 at 10:51 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In a properly functioning universe the FBS goes to a 16 game playoff (making G5 suddenly extremely attractive), though I’d happily take 8; NDSU moves up WITH Klieman and staff still at the helm (not after the fact in the middle of that transition), and NDSU is an immediate, first year force. Unfortunately, the universe is broken

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I'm not calling YOU out, just the general "quit bitching and donate more" argument that you allegedly agree with- which is not a coherent argument for or against FBS. FBS is either a good or bad idea, and an individual's ability to donate more has nothing to do with it
    You used a quote from me in your diatribe which did make it personal. Nowhere did I say if you can't donate you can't have an opinion. The fact of the matter is that to make a move more resources will be needed and that is a valid argument. I don't know why you can't comprehend that without going off the ledge. Having said that I am done.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Donkt grant them anything. Nationally no one cares about G5 teams unless they’ve got a 1st round QB talent either. The level of competition is not better, the exposure is only marginally better, the post season is materially worse, and the costs are double.
    Top to bottom the G5 competition level is significantly better than the FCS. That is why I am personally drawn to the FBS.

My problem with the FCS is that it's basically like the P5.... Only 4 teams with a real chance at winning anything. I'm happy to have NDSU be one of the four but after a while it does become somewhat stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Top to bottom the G5 competition level is significantly better than the FCS. That is why I am personally drawn to the FBS.

My problem with the FCS is that it's basically like the P5.... Only 4 teams with a real chance at winning anything. I'm happy to have NDSU be one of the four but after a while it does become somewhat stagnant.
    I wonder if Alabama thinks they're becoming stagnant? Nowhere else to go and all?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Who says every event has to sellout before expansion is considered? Don't believe any facility is ever 100 percent sold out with singles and limited view seats. Also, larger markets often get seats bought by brokers hoping to make a buck and in the end many seats go empty. The SDSU game could sell several thousand above current capacity. And if UND ever got better 30,000 -35,000 could attend a big game. Many other events could also create a demand well over current capacity.
    And in FBS there's the possibility of a power 5 team coming to Fargo. How many would that draw? App State got Miami to come up to Boone.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    You used a quote from me in your diatribe which did make it personal. Nowhere did I say if you can't donate you can't have an opinion. The fact of the matter is that to make a move more resources will be needed and that is a valid argument. I don't know why you can't comprehend that without going off the ledge. Having said that I am done.
    I understand where you stand on this subject and I also see you are DONE with this. My question for you if you care to answer is; what can we do or work towards to make resource more readily available for such a move? If there were ideas to help boost this possible idea we collectively as a fan base could be on the path to make it happen. This is a genuine question and am curious. I don't have any background what so ever to try and generate finances and let a lone marketing. Beer sales would be a start (not sure how higher education would like that for a University to sell alcohol.) Maybe they don't, I don't know.

And I'm not expecting you to come up with all of the ideas but have everyone involved in this subject to submit ideas. What do other universities do to make money?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    That's not what I'm saying... I'm not saying we need to be more competitive by going down rather I'm saying we need to keep our level of competition on the up. which would require a jump to the FBS.

We're at our ceiling but I don't see the competition but for a few Elite teams challenging us... We need to move raise our ceiling
    Fair enough. I just don't see the excitement of going to FBS and having a schedule similar to Buffalo (best record in the MAC) for example for the opportunity to play in the Dollar General Bowl against Troy.

http://www.ubbulls.com/sports/fball/2018-19/schedule

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk