Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Wake up Bison Nation!

So this is obviously preaching to the choir as most people who frequent this board are hardcores but I'm starting to get embarrassed by the relative lack of support for this 2018 Bison football team compared to previous years. This is one of the best teams any of us will ever see take the field in the green and yellow and there are far too many of us that take it for granted. One of the most remarkable things about this run is how well the players and coaches have been able to fend off complacency. As fans that should require a fraction of the effort to do the same but we're proving with our dwindling attendance figures that we can't even do that.

So get on the horn with everyone one you know... this team deserves our support and if we can't give it to them we don't deserve the effort that they're giving us week in and week out. Championship caliber teams deserve championship caliber support and the players and coaching staff are holding up their end of the bargain but right now as fans we are not. Pick it up Bison Nation! /rant

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

100% agree with this!!! But then again I am in your hardcore group of fans.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Totally agree! Some teams have fairweather and bandwagon fans but the Bison have a group of odd, unappreciative "fans" for whom nothing is good enough. It's just wierd.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Like I said in the gameday thread. If Bison fans don't wake up that student section is going to be full of jackrabbits in 2 weeks.

That said I thought the North end zone brought the noise after that long pass.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So this is obviously preaching to the choir as most people who frequent this board are hardcores but I'm starting to get embarrassed by the relative lack of support for this 2018 Bison football team compared to previous years. This is one of the best teams any of us will ever see take the field in the green and yellow and there are far too many of us that take it for granted. One of the most remarkable things about this run is how well the players and coaches have been able to fend off complacency. As fans that should require a fraction of the effort to do the same but we're proving with our dwindling attendance figures that we can't even do that.

So get on the horn with everyone one you know... this team deserves our support and if we can't give it to them we don't deserve the effort that they're giving us week in and week out. Championship caliber teams deserve championship caliber support and the players and coaching staff are holding up their end of the bargain but right now as fans we are not. Pick it up Bison Nation! /rant
    And people wonder why we do not have a 27k seat stadium. The team does great and fans are starting to think of it as the norm, or they are getting ho-hum about the team. People at work who were die hard fans back in 2011-2015 are no longer going to games very much as they say it is nothing new or no longer exciting, which just blows my mind.
    The football team is dominating at the same level or even better than Alabama (who has a 27,000 deep waiting list to get season tickets), and people are acting like it is nothing special. Not all fans mind you, but enough to take notice of. If this is the case when the team is winning, think of how it could go if and when the team finally goes through a couple years of not making the playoffs.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

This team is fantastic. But the game was decided by halftime.

No doubt we have been spoiled by wins over Iowa, KState etc..... I had no doubt the Bison could beat those teams but to actually see them do it in their stadiums was the greatest.

We left at halftime to go to a watch party for Alabama/Georgia. It wasn’t disrespect for the Bison, it was disrespect for MSU.

So what’s the solution? Our leadership needs to tell us what steps are being taken to move forward. What are the immediate obstacles/goals. What is our timeline.

But in the meantime, don’t diminish how f—-ing great our athletes and team are!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I don't even think the 50/50 raffle winner was still in attendance for the draw!

Lardsin must go!

I don't believe they can announce the winner on the field during the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I don't even think the 50/50 raffle winner was still in attendance for the draw!
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I don't believe they can announce the winner on the field during the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    No, but the graphic did pop up on the end zone boards in the 3rd and early in the 4th quarter. Just have to look during stoppages or timeouts.

It is what it is.. ndsu is too good for this level and theres nothing left to prove.

It's like a level 1 softball beer league team full of rockstar former college stars who each bring 3 bats in their matching bags took on my pud level 4 team
    Nobody wants to see that beatdown especially 8 times a year