Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    The FBS vs. FCS thing is a tough nut to crack and I've waffled back and forth on this issue myself. Either way, we are between a rock and a hard place. We stay FCS and our season is boring but the post-season is great. We go FBS and the non-conference season is off the charts exciting, but the season and post season will suck. I don't think a MW or MAC conference schedule will bring in any more fans or be more exciting than a MVFC schedule.

Ultimately, I think what most fans on here would like is for us to be in a P5 conference, unfortunately, that will never happen, so NDSU will always be playing second fiddle, which is too bad because we all know we could make some serious noise on the college footfall landscape if given the chance.
    An MWC schedule would be a lot more exciting during conference play, for one these schools actually have fans and are similar to us. Plus the MWC has some really good programs like Boise and Fresno...That said, not sure how we ever get an invite.

That said if we would have needed an MVFC invite before leaving DII, we would never have left. Sometimes to you have to build towards the ideal fit. Honestly, I wouldn't be against taking a group of FCS schools and building a new G5 conference.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I think they also rely on the media making mention of it during their sports portion of the nightly news. Who watches that anymore? And without detail simply saying "There are still tickets available for Saturday's game" doesn't drive anyone to buy.
    I watched KVLY sports last week and never once heard if tickets still available. I know most people want to be spoon fed the information about tickets. But it does need to be known. Also let it be known outside the metro area. Those are the fans more hungry to go to a game.

PS I am not blaming KVLY in anyway. But they are our partner and NDSU should inform them.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Division 2 is Division 2. Stop shitting all over these athletes by disrespecting their accomplishment.

Northwest Missouri State is Division 2.
    That's not what he's doing. We generally distinguished between divisions by the number of scholarship athletes. D2 requires fewer scholarships than FCS. FCS requires fewer scholarships than FBS. G5 and P5 require the same minimum number of scholarships. It is obviously not a slight against our outstanding athletes, scholarship and non-scholarship, to acknowledge the difference in tiers.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Liberty moved up as an independent. Current football independents include Liberty, Army, UMASS, NMSU, BYU, and Notre Dame. Heck, that's practically a conference's worth of a schedule right there. Notre Dame doesn't need us, but those other teams would schedule us. I'd certainly enjoy seing us play NMSU, Army, and BYU. The other upside would be that when conference slots open up, we'd already be FBS so there'd be none of the snobbery from a prospective conference about not wanting to take an FCS team into the fold.
    Other times, other rules...not allowed anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Other times, other rules...not allowed anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Liberty just announced moving up last year. I think the same rules were in place. They got a waiver. No reason we can't get one.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    An MWC schedule would be a lot more exciting during conference play, for one these schools actually have fans and are similar to us. Plus the MWC has some really good programs like Boise and Fresno...That said, not sure how we ever get an invite.

That said if we would have needed an MVFC invite before leaving DII, we would never have left. Sometimes to you have to build towards the ideal fit. Honestly, I wouldn't be against taking a group of FCS schools and building a new G5 conference.
    I think a MW schedule would be a lot more exciting with the obvious teams like Boise and Fresno this year. Utah State has been very solid the last few years and it would be interest to see how old Bohly does bringing his hard nosed Pokes to town in the University of Wyoming. Fort Collins to play Colarado State would be a nice place to make a road trip to during season. UNLV always has VEGAS.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Dude.

It's the seven year itch.

Need to shake things up or I'm going to be unfaithful.

Not my fault. It's science!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Dude.

It's the seven year itch.

Need to shake things up or I'm going to be unfaithful.

Not my fault. It's science!
    Are you saying that if the dome nazis started allowing "butt stuff" more fans would buy tickets and/or stay longer???

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    G5 is Division 1, FCS is Division 2, Yes, there is a difference. Its ok to admit we are the greatest division 2 football program in history, championships are championships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Division 2 is Division 2. Stop shitting all over these athletes by disrespecting their accomplishment.

Northwest Missouri State is Division 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    That's not what he's doing. We generally distinguished between divisions by the number of scholarship athletes. D2 requires fewer scholarships than FCS. FCS requires fewer scholarships than FBS. G5 and P5 require the same minimum number of scholarships. It is obviously not a slight against our outstanding athletes, scholarship and non-scholarship, to acknowledge the difference in tiers.
    Division I includes both FBS and FCS. Anyone claiming FCS is Division II is either intentionally or ignorantly being disrespectful of the athletes and program. D2 is D2. Scholarships are one distinguishing feature, but not the only.

The truth is that NDSU can compete on the football field with any team in the country. There's only a small handful of teams that might be able to run up the score on them, but even that is questionable. If they played top-25 teams week after week, they probably wouldn't be undefeated, but they would be respected. And that's with their current D-I scholarship levels. Give them FBS-level schollies, and they could probably still up their game a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

If MWC cannot happen in next 5 years I hope there is someone out there looking at creating a new G5 conference. A good start would be NDSU, SDSU, Montana & Montana State. All with 18,000 plus capacity stadiums, good teams and decent fan bases.