Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
The FBS vs. FCS thing is a tough nut to crack and I've waffled back and forth on this issue myself. Either way, we are between a rock and a hard place. We stay FCS and our season is boring but the post-season is great. We go FBS and the non-conference season is off the charts exciting, but the season and post season will suck. I don't think a MW or MAC conference schedule will bring in any more fans or be more exciting than a MVFC schedule.

Ultimately, I think what most fans on here would like is for us to be in a P5 conference, unfortunately, that will never happen, so NDSU will always be playing second fiddle, which is too bad because we all know we could make some serious noise on the college footfall landscape if given the chance.
An MWC schedule would be a lot more exciting during conference play, for one these schools actually have fans and are similar to us. Plus the MWC has some really good programs like Boise and Fresno...That said, not sure how we ever get an invite.

That said if we would have needed an MVFC invite before leaving DII, we would never have left. Sometimes to you have to build towards the ideal fit. Honestly, I wouldn't be against taking a group of FCS schools and building a new G5 conference.