Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It's fine. Never had a problem getting a ticket and always loved the area.
    JMU fans had a lot of trouble getting tickets last year. We don't yet have the 'confidence' to purchase our tickets months in advance

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tell me what bowl games sell out.
    BOWL GAMES SUCK!!! 90% do not sell out; in fact a lot of universities LOSE money cause of bowl games--take entire team, staff, band--etc for a week

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    JMU fans had a lot of trouble getting tickets last year. We don't yet have the 'confidence' to purchase our tickets months in advance
    That's not the venue's fault.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With the FBS talk at least you guys are talking about conference invites. Without that, you can't move as you can't be an independent. But even with the Mountain West and the MAC are those good fits for us?? I firmly believe that a lot of UND's money problems was having to deal with the Big Sky travel for all sports. Is NDSU in a place where they can handle that financially for all sports? And are some of the conference invites not happening because of lack of success and support for basketball right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Invites don't usually come out of thin air. What is being done to secure one? I honestly want to know. If NDSU has asked 2 or 3 different conferences to look at them and all the conferences told us "no way in hell", then NDSU needs to tell the fans that. But they haven't told us that. NDSU hasn't told us what efforts have been made to move to FBS, only to have those efforts rebuffed. Hence, I have no reason to believe those efforts have been made.
    What is being done to secure an invite? Nothing. It is not a mystery. The AD and President have both stated several times that there will not be a move to FBS under the current landscape and that NDSU will play at the second tier whatever that may be.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Just an FYI, I had a few conversations this week with people that have quit trying to get tickets just assuming everything is always a sellout. I informed them that playoff games, especially the early ones have tickets available. They were shocked. I have a feeling that this is very common.

I know I wait for the playoffs to take my son to the games without relying on season ticket holders to help me out. That place would be full every playoff games with the right communications.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    What is being done to secure an invite? Nothing. It is not a mystery. The AD and President have both stated several times that there will not be a move to FBS under the current landscape and that NDSU will play at the second tier whatever that may be.
    Which is the smartest way to handle it. There is absolutely nothing of value to be gained from moving up to be one of the lowest resourced in a division where you can never compete.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hey I have an idea... Let's build a new 50,000 seat stadium and move up to the Big 10. Burgum can pay for it with all that Microsoft money.

Being a Bison fan is awesome. "We kick everyone's asses so hard it's not even fun anymore."
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    The 50-50 raffle vendors in the parking lot need to up their game. They seem to miss our tailgate group of 40 people more and more as the season progresses. Need to keep the prize above $25,000.
    They stopped by our place more than once. They were working the east side concourse entrance lines hard too as they could only sell them in the concourse due to NCAA. Next week will be the test with earlier kickoff and assumed shorter/smaller tailgate for some.

Just make sure the semifinal winner is not a Jack (assuming they don’t fumble it away)!

That's not the venue's fault.
    It's not the venue's fault that tickets aren't available because they were sold out every where? I'll have to disagree on that one. If the venue can't fit the crowd, maybe it isn't the best selection.