Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    You're "embarrassed" by 17,000+ in attendance last week? Comparing this to the other FCS attendance numbers across the nation? Can you explain that to me? I'm struggling to understand why you are embarrassed.
    This is on par with what we do most playoff runs and the slight decline is more indicative of the students lack of support.

Last year
    San Diego at North Dakota State – 18,067
    Wofford at North Dakota State – 17,008
    Sam Houston State at North Dakota State – 18,279

This year
    Montana State - 17007
    Colgate??

We sold more than Eastern Washington, Weber State, and SDSU combined. Playoff games on short notice are tough and it's expensive. Many people need time off of work. Other people can't afford 3 football games x 2 people @ $40-50 a crack on short notice. You go to 3 games with 2 people and that's an extra $300 just to get in the door. (tailgating, food, concessions, etc) Then you got Frisco as well. It's expensive being a Bison fan. So only drawing 17K for a playoff game on short notice isn't that big of a deal.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This is on par with what we do most playoff runs and the slight decline is more indicative of the students lack of support.

Last year

This year
    Montana State - 17007
    Colgate??

We sold more than Eastern Washington, Weber State, and SDSU combined. Playoff games on short notice are tough and it's expensive. Many people need time off of work. Other people can't afford 3 football games x 2 people @ $40-50 a crack on short notice. You go to 3 games with 2 people and that's an extra $300 just to get in the door. (tailgating, food, concessions, etc) Then you got Frisco as well. It's expensive being a Bison fan. So only drawing 17K for a playoff game on short notice isn't that big of a deal.

Exactly my point. you explained it perfectly. No reason to be "embarrassed".

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    You're "embarrassed" by 17,000+ in attendance last week? Comparing this to the other FCS attendance numbers across the nation? Can you explain that to me? I'm struggling to understand why you are embarrassed.
    I'm not comparing it to FCS games across the nation, I'm comparing to how we've supported past NDSU teams. Last week was the lowest attended home playoff game at NDSU since the 2010 Thanksgiving weekend game against Robert Morris (21 home playoff games ago). This weekend looks like attendance will be even lower than last week. For the last 3 regular season games this year there were several hundred tickets available at the time of kickoff.

What's "embarrassing" to me is this is one of the most impressive Bison teams we've ever seen yet, as a fan base, we're either taking it for granted or are just bored with the domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm not comparing it to FCS games across the nation, I'm comparing to how we've supported past NDSU teams. Last week was the lowest attended home playoff game at NDSU since the 2010 Thanksgiving weekend game against Robert Morris (21 home playoff games ago). This weekend looks like attendance will be even lower than last week. For the last 3 regular season games this year there were several hundred tickets available at the time of kickoff.

What's "embarrassing" to me is this is one of the most impressive Bison teams we've ever seen yet, as a fan base, we're either taking it for granted or are just bored with the domination.
    the latter. boredom of FCS. #FcsFatigue
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I get it. you're a diehard. I just looked at taking my kid a couple hours ago. tickets $91. probably spend $130 total. 10 degrees at tailgating. Game probably over at half time. NOPE. I'll put on my bison gear and put up my bison flag and support the heck out of them on my TV. Nothing "embarrassing" about that to me.

If it's SDSU next week? Should be an entertaining game...… Yep, I'll revisit that scenario and if tickets are available, I'll probably buy them. Still not "embarrassed".

At times, to steal the phrase from Chuck Klosterman, it's almost like rooting for the Harlem Globetrotters. But I think this Colgate team is pretty darn good after doing some research. 60 full rides. Can't split them either. The top 60 players are very good and they recruit out of New Jersey / NY so tons of talent.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Just post his name and watch him and his fanboys whine like little kids. Apparently, his wife works with a bunch of UND people and he doesn't want them to find out who he is and harass her (probably him actually) about it.
    From Samuel Paul Humann:

maybe ill post your pro wrestling videos. asshole
    Oh, please do!
    Hail the BISON!!!

―\_(ツ)_/―

IMO - I like going to Playoff games, I like winning championships and proving who is #1.
    I do not like a football season ending after a conference game only to wait three to four weeks to play in some no-name bowl game for some gaudy trophy most people will forget after two weeks. Winning a No-Name Bowl is a lot less impressive than battling for the national title trophy....which sounds better, 2017 National Champions OR Winner of the 2017 Tostitos Crunch Bowl

Difference between FCS Championship and the FBS Championship - FCS plays for pride and trophies....FBS plays for bowl money; FCS has an undisputed Champion...FBS Champion is picked by sports writers and open for dispute. Would be fun to see a Georgia Team travel to Michigan or Ohio in Dec for a play-off game.....cold and snow suck to play in.

FBS final four, Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Oklahoma per the AP Polls (Sports Writers). Both Georgia and UFC should be squaking loudly and where is the West Team??? Now we wait four weeks as the teams prepare for each other to play and hope one of the teams does not take a nap and not show up at the game.....

Meanwhile, the FCS is slugging it out ....win you play, lose you're done....you can keep your Bowl monies and gaudy trophies...Give me a National Championship playoff every year.

What's Better for recruiting?

Tostitos Bowl trophy.jpg..............................National Championship Trophy.jpg
    Tostitos Bowl Winner......... FCS National Champion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Last year

This year
    Montana State - 17007
    Colgate??

I was wondering about this last night. I don’t think the economy is all that great for many people and Christmas is coming up. You have to make choices. I am thankful I can go to games.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans