Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Over and over again.

Nobody has said anything about people not having an opinion without donating money. All I have said is that nothing is going to change anytime soon and yet the dead horse keeps getting beaten. Maybe there should be a thread for things that are pointless to keep arguing about, yet they permeate every thread (Unless of course Bison Loaf thinks it would be too premature). And how are you so sure who has or has not donated $100,000?
    and how are YOU so sure who has or has not donated $100k? Which is why I'm baffled at people continually bringing it up to gauge the validity of someone's opinion.
    Its a false argument and it only gets brought up against one side of the argument. Its like saying "XYZ is a good idea" "yeah but you're poor so it doesnt count"
    Furthermore, by this logic, shouldnt opponents of FBS STOP donating completely? as they may give the admin the wrong idea about an FBS move?

Obviously that would be dumb. my opinion is that personal individual donations have no place in arguing whether or not FBS is good or bad
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    If you were a mod, BV would have 4 posters. You would permanban 10 a day.
    Starting with myself, just to prove I was objective and beyond reproach. Clearly, however, roadwarrior would be a long overdue next in line.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    and how are YOU so sure who has or has not donated $100k? Which is why I'm baffled at people continually bringing it up to gauge the validity of someone's opinion.
    Its a false argument and it only gets brought up against one side of the argument. Its like saying "XYZ is a good idea" "yeah but you're poor so it doesnt count"
    Furthermore, by this logic, shouldnt opponents of FBS STOP donating completely? as they may give the admin the wrong idea about an FBS move?

Obviously that would be dumb. my opinion is that personal individual donations have no place in arguing whether or not FBS is good or bad
    You are off on quite a tangent. All I did was agree with a poster who basically said people should do more than bitch. Show me where I posted anyrhing saying what you are attributing to me.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Starting with myself, just to prove I was objective and beyond reproach. Clearly, however, roadwarrior would be a long overdue next in line.
    Its about time someone ends Roadwarrior's reign of terror. I have had to seek counseling.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The big difference between FCS and FBS is the ceiling. In FCS the ceiling was within reach. In FBS, the ceiling is completely out of reach.
    I get that. Now youre talking the actual advantages and disadvantages of FBS
    the Ceiling for FCS is a national championship and an awesome playoff system that is widely regarding as completely irrelevant to average college football fans (not us, of course, we enjoy the shit out of it!)

FBS ceiling is what? knocking off a P5 0-3 times a year, maybe a fiesta bowl every 5 years if we're lucky, presumably a higher level of competition, and an elevated national brand by ditching the perceived JV label?

Thats still incredibly attractive to alot of people. I think App State, Boise, UCF arent scratching to come back to FCS because they have no shot at the Ceiling. UCF wants to be in the playoff obviously, but they claimed a "national title" last year, which is hilarious, but its working for them perfectly. Things have never been better for them.

I'm not sure AppState or GSU would trade their shitty sun belt titles for another FCS championship. I could be wrong, maybe they'll come back to FCS.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

get the IPF done, then on to the next

FB is where the money is, look at the IPF?? already ready to put shovels in the ground come spring
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by bisonboone11 View Post
    Would attendance be better if we were a bubble team in the playoffs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    That's not what I'm saying... I'm not saying we need to be more competitive by going down rather I'm saying we need to keep our level of competition on the up. which would require a jump to the FBS.

We're at our ceiling but I don't see the competition but for a few Elite teams challenging us... We need to move raise our ceiling

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Agreed. A right sized venue should not be sold out for every game. It would be sold out for the big games but it should provide enough opportunity that even for those big games tickets are available for more than just season ticket holders and donors. I believe the ticket buying base for NDSU is shrinking right now since so many people have gotten used to watching the games on TV since getting tickets for regular season games before the Friday of game week isn't very easy unless you dive into the secondary markets.

If there was more opportunity for people to get into the dome in the regular season and experience the live gameday atmosphere I think we'd see more people looking to buy playoff tickets. That's not to say that we'd sell out a 25,000 seat stadium for every (or any) playoff games but I bet we would've gotten more for that Montana St game last week than 17,000 if tickets were more accessible in the regular season.
    Sold out, no, but it needs to be pretty full. Modern seats and amenities are too expensive to only be used occasionally. Today's venues are all about atmosphere over capacity. Maximizing return on investment. The era of overbuilding stadiums for one or two games each year has ended. Well, except in Brookings. Most stadium renovations are reducing capacity to better align with demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    You are off on quite a tangent. All I did was agree with a poster who basically said people should do more than bitch. Show me where I posted anyrhing saying what you are attributing to me.
    I'm not calling YOU out, just the general "quit bitching and donate more" argument that you allegedly agree with- which is not a coherent argument for or against FBS. FBS is either a good or bad idea, and an individual's ability to donate more has nothing to do with it
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I get that. Now youre talking the actual advantages and disadvantages of FBS
    the Ceiling for FCS is a national championship and an awesome playoff system that is widely regarding as completely irrelevant to average college football fans (not us, of course, we enjoy the shit out of it!)

FBS ceiling is what? knocking off a P5 0-3 times a year, maybe a fiesta bowl every 5 years if we're lucky, presumably a higher level of competition, and an elevated national brand by ditching the perceived JV label?

Thats still incredibly attractive to alot of people. I think App State, Boise, UCF arent scratching to come back to FCS because they have no shot at the Ceiling. UCF wants to be in the playoff obviously, but they claimed a "national title" last year, which is hilarious, but its working for them perfectly. Things have never been better for them.

I'm not sure AppState or GSU would trade their shitty sun belt titles for another FCS championship. I could be wrong, maybe they'll come back to FCS.
    I also think its a legit debate if life in a G5 conference represents "an elevated national brand". Granted, a lot of that has to do with the success of Carson Wentz, but I would argue in today's world NDSU has a much more recognizable brand than most G5 schools.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.