Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You mean like Doug Burgum? I think his family and he have given generously to the university. Note that there is a building on campus named “Burgum Hall”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.ndsu.edu/alphaindex/buildings/Building::320

If you look at our current situation from the outside in, we look pretty silly complaining about being too successful and playing in the FCS. Yeah, some of the games may be boring, but we need to look at it from a few different perspectives.

First, we need to look at it from another teams perspective. How many other teams in the FCS would love to be in our shoes? There isn't another team in the FCS who has, or has had, seen our level of success, and I don't think we are close to being done. Every other program in the country would give their left nut to be where we are at. I don't think we should be taking it for granted.

Second, down the road, in the distant future, how are we as fans going to remember these years of Bison football? I was a student in the late 80's when we had some very kick ass teams. Many of those games were blowouts as well. In '88 we went undefeated and cruised to a national title. Now, some 30+ years later, how do I view those years as a student and Bison fan? I don't remember the games as being blowouts and boring. I remember with fondness and pride crushing every team that was unfortunate enough to have to play us. I have recalled these memories with fondness and pride to my son (now a NDSU student) and have instilled in him sense of pride of what it means to be a Bison. In short, it was a great time in Bison football history and I remember it as such.

I know in the past I have been somewhat critical of our competition and the division that we currently play in, but in the big scheme of things, that is a selfish way to view our current situation. We all need to take a step back and appreciate this run for what it is. An unprecedented run that probably will never be duplicated in the future. I think we all need to chill out and quit complaining about stuff that none of us has the power to control or change. In other words, "enjoy the season."

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We lose 24ish seniors after this year? Games will be closer next year. It’ll be fun reading peoples comments complaining about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    We lose 24ish seniors after this year? Games will be closer next year. It’ll be fun reading peoples comments complaining about that.

How many did we lose after 2013?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    How many did we lose after 2013?
    There were 26 in 2013

The QB transition was a little easier though
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    https://www.geni.com/people/Joseph-B...00049601753835

Don't believe everything you think.

I came into my fandom during the Kevin Feeney years when we were a fringe playoff team that couldn't beat the team from up north in our own house and people were complaining then about boring blowouts. You can't get away from it so I'll take mine with a title on top.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post

You are completely missing the point about competition. But whatever.

NDSU, in the aggregate and over time, clearly outmatches its FCS competition. For closer competition, we can either regress to the level of other FCS teams, or we can improve the level of the competition we play. I'm for latter. Others (perhaps you) are for doing nothing and eventually maybe we'll become mediocre, and then all the FBS people will look silly. Awesome plan.

There's no convincing some people that NDSU can and should strive to be even greater. The fact is, the belief that we need to move up is the highest compliment to the team.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 12-04-2018 at 04:03 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You mean like Doug Burgum? I think his family and he have given generously to the university. Note that there is a building on campus named “Burgum Hall”

Only in ND would Doug Burgum be considered a rich alumni... I am talking a billionaire like even UND has. or someone who could pony up 500 million to name a stadium after not a Residence hall...

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Only in ND would Doug Burgum be considered a rich alumni... I am talking a billionaire like even UND has. or someone who could pony up 500 million to name a stadium after not a Residence hall...
    Whose got the troll away handy? Somebody spray this guy