Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Most of that stuff you listed off hasn't changed in the last 5 years. I must just be wired differently because it doesn't register for me how people can view a national quarterfinal playoff as "been there done that" and "boring" or an opponent that's undefeated against FCS teams this year as unworthy of their time. There's no guarantees in playoff football and that's just as true now as it was 5 years ago. Even if the Bison make it through to Frisco it's entirely possible that Colgate gives them a better game this week than SDSU or Kennesaw would next week.

Maybe another 2009 season wouldn't be the worst thing for this program...
    Yeah, "Most" of the stuff hasn't changed. The stuff that has changed, has obviously affected the 1,000 or so fringe ticket buyers that didn't buy the seats that went empty. Maybe it's as simple as NDSU isn't getting the word out effectively that there is actually tickets available.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    As long as I can hunt and fish in the morning, watch Bison football on KVLY in the afternoon and drink beer at home in the evening, I wont even try to pry tickets from your cold dead fingers!!!! Im glad for fans like yourself that do fill the dome so the Bison can continue to offer my kind Bison football on TV each week, its a great trade off.
    Glad we can accommodate you and so as long as you watch there will be TV rights. Hope your season went well and what kind of swill do you prefer with your hunting spoils??? If you got any pheasant left that you do not need, please throw some my way.

A lot of that stuff has changed. younger kids don't care about football anymore from what I can tell- its all fortnite and you tube videos.. They have lost the casual fans that were excited to do something new. It was the cool thing to do in town. Now the games are all forgone conclusions or perceived to be so why bother. the games are a graveyard by halftime... The only thing worse would be if they actually start losing then the wheels will really come off. They have to move up or hope to god the P5 takes more g5 teams or pulls away entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    A lot of that stuff has changed. younger kids don't care about football anymore from what I can tell- its all fortnite and you tube videos.. They have lost the casual fans that were excited to do something new. It was the cool thing to do in town. Now the games are all forgone conclusions or perceived to be so why bother. the games are a graveyard by halftime... The only thing worse would be if they actually start losing then the wheels will really come off. They have to move up or hope to god the P5 takes more g5 teams or pulls away entirely.
    Hey FullMouth!! Say something positive about the Bison for a change. Or STFU

So if NDSU was FBS, how many people do you think they'd get to a game this weekend?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Question for the "I love FCS tournament and playing for a championship" crowd. at what point would you not care? 9 out of 10, 14 out of 15? lets say we win the next 5 in row and go 11 for 12.. is that an accomplishment or just beating up on inferior schools we shouldn't be playing?

no one in town I know cares about the games anymore. at work everyone used to talk about the games or wear jerseys on Fridays. now no one even brings it up more than a "how much did they win by this week" and everyone laughs....

Quote Originally Posted by Mfergy4 View Post
    Glad we can accommodate you and so as long as you watch there will be TV rights. Hope your season went well and what kind of swill do you prefer with your hunting spoils??? If you got any pheasant left that you do not need, please throw some my way.
    I really do appreciate KVLY and all the coverage they provide along with the sponsors that allow for the coverage. I cherish my falls in the field and love Bison football. No other program this size gets the tv coverage for local veiwers that we do. Its Awesome!!!

Question for the "I love FCS tournament and playing for a championship" crowd. at what point would you not care? 9 out of 10, 14 out of 15? lets say we win the next 5 in row and go 11 for 12.. is that an accomplishment or just beating up on inferior schools we shouldn't be playing?

no one in town I know cares about the games anymore. at work everyone used to talk about the games or wear jerseys on Fridays. now no one even brings it up more than a "how much did they win by this week" and everyone laughs....
    I want them to win every game and every championship every year and I can't see myself ever not caring when/if they do whether they're playing Augustana, Alabama, or anyone in between. Then again I'm a fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Hey FullMouth!! Say something positive about the Bison for a change. Or STFU
    They are the best team in FCS hands down. they are a top 35 FBS program almost every year. No one can even argue this. we have more talent then most conference all star teams.. The SDSU game should be sold out and a lot of fun. Target field and the pac 12 games will help hold interest!! Jabril going in round 2 will also excite the fan base and keep us a national story. lots of positives for the true fans but most of this thread is why we are losing the average fan looking for a night of entertainment...

Everyone knows this clown is a troll, right??