Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    I get it. you're a diehard. I just looked at taking my kid a couple hours ago. tickets $91. probably spend $130 total. 10 degrees at tailgating. Game probably over at half time. NOPE. I'll put on my bison gear and put up my bison flag and support the heck out of them on my TV. Nothing "embarrassing" about that to me.

If it's SDSU next week? Should be an entertaining game...… Yep, I'll revisit that scenario and if tickets are available, I'll probably buy them. Still not "embarrassed".
    Tickets are $1 more expensive each this year than they've been for the last several years. It's not a money thing it's a perception thing. You perceive that the opponent isn't worth your time. Would you have thought that 2, 4, 6 years ago? Like I said in the OP, it's a good thing the players and coaches aren't as complacent as the fans apparently are.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This is on par with what we do most playoff runs and the slight decline is more indicative of the students lack of support.

Last year
    San Diego at North Dakota State – 18,067
    Wofford at North Dakota State – 17,008
    Sam Houston State at North Dakota State – 18,279

This year
    Montana State - 17007
    Colgate??

We sold more than Eastern Washington, Weber State, and SDSU combined. Playoff games on short notice are tough and it's expensive. Many people need time off of work. Other people can't afford 3 football games x 2 people @ $40-50 a crack on short notice. You go to 3 games with 2 people and that's an extra $300 just to get in the door. (tailgating, food, concessions, etc) Then you got Frisco as well. It's expensive being a Bison fan. So only drawing 17K for a playoff game on short notice isn't that big of a deal.
    I've got all the attendance figures from all FCS playoffs games since 2013 (to see how they're trending overall). These are NDSU's games:

2nd round vs Furman: 18,455
    Quarters vs Coastal Carolina: 18,219
    Semis vs UNH: 18,694
    Total: 55,368
    Average: 18,456

2nd round vs SDSU: 18,113
    Quarters vs Coastal Carolina: 18,049
    Semis vs SHSU: 18,025
    Total: 54,187
    Average: 18,062

2nd round vs Montana: 18,232
    Quarters vs UNI: 18,041
    Semis vs Richmond: 18,105
    Total: 54,378
    Average: 18,126

2nd round vs San Diego: 18,305
    Quarters vs SDSU: 18,285
    Semis vs JMU: 18,282
    Total: 54,872
    Average: 18,291

2nd round vs San Diego: 18,067
    Quarters vs Wofford: 17,008
    Semis vs SHSU: 18,279
    Total: 53,354
    Average: 17,785

So last year saw about a 3% decline from previous years. If the trend continues this year we're looking at about a 6.5% decline this year. It's not a promising trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I've got all the attendance figures from all FCS playoffs games since 2013 (to see how they're trending overall). These are NDSU's games:

2nd round vs Furman: 18,455
    Quarters vs Coastal Carolina: 18,219
    Semis vs UNH: 18,694
    Total: 55,368
    Average: 18,456

2nd round vs SDSU: 18,113
    Quarters vs Coastal Carolina: 18,049
    Semis vs SHSU: 18,025
    Total: 54,187
    Average: 18,062

2nd round vs Montana: 18,232
    Quarters vs UNI: 18,041
    Semis vs Richmond: 18,105
    Total: 54,378
    Average: 18,126

2nd round vs San Diego: 18,305
    Quarters vs SDSU: 18,285
    Semis vs JMU: 18,282
    Total: 54,872
    Average: 18,291

2nd round vs San Diego: 18,067
    Quarters vs Wofford: 17,008
    Semis vs SHSU: 18,279
    Total: 53,354
    Average: 17,785

So last year saw about a 3% decline from previous years. If the trend continues this year we're looking at about a 6.5% decline this year. It's not a promising trend.
    Until that happens in paid tickets and not set aside allotments, I'm not worried.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    From Samuel Paul Humann:

Oh, please do!
    I personally would love to see some Ohio Valley Wrestling highlights. That's the one you were in, correct? That's badass.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    I personally would love to see some Ohio Valley Wrestling highlights. That's the one you were in, correct? That's badass.
    Yes, for a short time before I decided the lifestyle was not one I wanted to be a part of and returned to training Greco-Roman. Then, I blew my knee out all kinds of bad.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 12-06-2018 at 09:32 PM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Larson was just on the Insiders pleading with people to come. I'm betting 16,500 for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Tickets are $1 more expensive each this year than they've been for the last several years. It's not a money thing it's a perception thing. You perceive that the opponent isn't worth your time. Would you have thought that 2, 4, 6 years ago? Like I said in the OP, it's a good thing the players and coaches aren't as complacent as the fans apparently are.
    Players/coaches would have the same mindset if there was 3,000 fans in the stands. If they get complacent they lose their jobs.

It's not a money thing you said..... IT IS a money thing along with a perception thing, as fans will factor in whether it's worth spending money on tickets in relation to things such as...... weather, opponent, student interest, excitement level, fan experience, closeness of games, repetition, time of year, economy, changing technology, access to games on TV, been there done that mentality, ease of ticket purchasing, university marketing, venue experience, etc. In reading some articles, alabama has the same issues in always moving forward to keep fans engaged.

17,000+ still not embarrassed.

Geesh I remember my kids used to run up down the rows in the south end zone without bothering anyone....now we are packed in like sardines, "newbie" Team-makers squawking about not being able to get season tickets, and people not using their tickets because they are bored... cannot wait to see what happens if we have a couple of years of 8 & 2 or, "god-forbide", 7 & 3 seasons...all the bandwagoners will be leaping off by the dozens....as for me, you can only have my tickets when you pry them from my cold dead fingers!!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    Players/coaches would have the same mindset if there was 3,000 fans in the stands. If they get complacent they lose their jobs.

It's not a money thing you said..... IT IS a money thing along with a perception thing, as fans will factor in whether it's worth spending money on tickets in relation to things such as...... weather, opponent, student interest, excitement level, fan experience, closeness of games, repetition, time of year, economy, changing technology, access to games on TV, been there done that mentality, ease of ticket purchasing, university marketing, venue experience, etc. In reading some articles, alabama has the same issues in always moving forward to keep fans engaged.

17,000+ still not embarrassed.
    Most of that stuff you listed off hasn't changed in the last 5 years. I must just be wired differently because it doesn't register for me how people can view a national quarterfinal playoff as "been there done that" and "boring" or an opponent that's undefeated against FCS teams this year as unworthy of their time. There's no guarantees in playoff football and that's just as true now as it was 5 years ago. Even if the Bison make it through to Frisco it's entirely possible that Colgate gives them a better game this week than SDSU or Kennesaw would next week.

Maybe another 2009 season wouldn't be the worst thing for this program...

Quote Originally Posted by Mfergy4 View Post
    Geesh I remember my kids used to run up down the rows in the south end zone without bothering anyone....now we are packed in like sardines, "newbie" Team-makers squawking about not being able to get season tickets, and people not using their tickets because they are bored... cannot wait to see what happens if we have a couple of years of 8 & 2 or, "god-forbide", 7 & 3 seasons...all the bandwagoners will be leaping off by the dozens....as for me, you can only have my tickets when you pry them from my cold dead fingers!!
    As long as I can hunt and fish in the morning, watch Bison football on KVLY in the afternoon and drink beer at home in the evening, I wont even try to pry tickets from your cold dead fingers!!!! Im glad for fans like yourself that do fill the dome so the Bison can continue to offer my kind Bison football on TV each week, its a great trade off.