Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    El Chapo---you are wrong and don't know what FBS means. Man up and put it on the board instead of trolling through private messages.
    He can't. He's restricted to only certain boards.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    He can't. He's restricted to only certain boards.
    That's his tough luck now, isn't it? I'll just use the block function to end his crap.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    That's his tough luck now, isn't it? I'll just use the block function to end his crap.
    Just post his name and watch him and his fanboys whine like little kids. Apparently, his wife works with a bunch of UND people and he doesn't want them to find out who he is and harass her (probably him actually) about it.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This is one of the best Bison teams ever. The fans have been great early in games but it's tough to get fired up when a game is over half way through the 2nd quarter. That's fine.

As far as attendance goes, the game would have sold out had students showed up. The students just dont seem to care and apparently there aren't enough fans to pick up the slack of unclaimed tickets with 4 days notice. Or else people dont know.

Also weather had been working against us. October weather was more like December. Casual fans dont tailgate when its below freezing
    Lot of truth to this, if the student section isn’t going to show then put the tickets out for the rest of us waaaay earlier then a couple days.
    Border to border horizontally there is a lot of road to travel on a moments notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    That's not what he's doing. We generally distinguished between divisions by the number of scholarship athletes. D2 requires fewer scholarships than FCS. FCS requires fewer scholarships than FBS. G5 and P5 require the same minimum number of scholarships. It is obviously not a slight against our outstanding athletes, scholarship and non-scholarship, to acknowledge the difference in tiers.
    He is being an a$$ which is why I block “know it all”

There are a difference in scholarships BUT the fcs and fbs are both division 1, there is a division 2 and all of us including the nay sayers know it

Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    He is being an a$$ which is why I block “know it all”

There are a difference in scholarships BUT the fcs and fbs are both division 1, there is a division 2 and all of us including the nay sayers know it

FBS and FCS are both allowed up to 85 football scholarships. The difference is that all FBS scholarship are 100%. FCS gets 63 football scholarships and gets to split them among 85 student-athletes.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    FBS and FCS are both allowed up to 85 football scholarships. The difference is that all FBS scholarship are 100%. FCS gets 63 football scholarships and gets to split them among 85 student-athletes.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Right...

And the fbs and fcs are both still in the same “division 1 football”

That “know it all” was spouting back around the beginning of the thread about that division 2 crap ... he can’t be that ignorant ... just not possible ... what a damn fun sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    ...I love the bison and still watch every game but can anyone really say they enjoy the second half of more than 2 games a year?...
    I might be the only one, but I love blowouts because I get to see who’s next, the 2nd and 3rd stringers. I like to get to know them before they’re household names.

I know I’m well into the sarcasm phase of this thread, but I will say... I don’t have a horse in this race. I’m going to support this team if they’re playing ‘Bama in 20 years as a G5 underdog or if they’re still winning championships every year or so in the FCS. I’m probably not the benchmark, but come join me... It’s way more fun to just enjoy this guys. We have a fun team here, at any level. That shouldn’t stop...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    Right...

And the fbs and fcs are both still in the same “division 1 football”

That “know it all” was spouting back around the beginning of the thread about that division 2 crap ... he can’t be that ignorant ... just not possible ... what a damn fun sucker.

I doubt he’s a fan, but just a troll that uses multiple handles to stir crap up any chance he can.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So this is obviously preaching to the choir as most people who frequent this board are hardcores but I'm starting to get embarrassed by the relative lack of support for this 2018 Bison football team compared to previous years. This is one of the best teams any of us will ever see take the field in the green and yellow and there are far too many of us that take it for granted. One of the most remarkable things about this run is how well the players and coaches have been able to fend off complacency. As fans that should require a fraction of the effort to do the same but we're proving with our dwindling attendance figures that we can't even do that.

So get on the horn with everyone one you know... this team deserves our support and if we can't give it to them we don't deserve the effort that they're giving us week in and week out. Championship caliber teams deserve championship caliber support and the players and coaching staff are holding up their end of the bargain but right now as fans we are not. Pick it up Bison Nation! /rant
    You're "embarrassed" by 17,000+ in attendance last week? Comparing this to the other FCS attendance numbers across the nation? Can you explain that to me? I'm struggling to understand why you are embarrassed.