Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Question for the "I love FCS tournament and playing for a championship" crowd. at what point would you not care? 9 out of 10, 14 out of 15? lets say we win the next 5 in row and go 11 for 12.. is that an accomplishment or just beating up on inferior schools we shouldn't be playing?

no one in town I know cares about the games anymore. at work everyone used to talk about the games or wear jerseys on Fridays. now no one even brings it up more than a "how much did they win by this week" and everyone laughs....
    Question---Why are you so obsessed?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    So if NDSU was FBS, how many people do you think they'd get to a game this weekend?
    Zero, since there would be no game to be played this weekend.
    Hail the BISON!!!

So if NDSU was FBS, how many people do you think they'd get to a game this weekend?
    If it was against most of the G5 schools, I doubt it would be more than what will be at the game against Colgate. And if NDSU was FBS, they wouldn't be playing home games at this point in the year. We'd be waiting to watch them play in some random bowl game, and I highly doubt we would get 17,000 fans to travel to bowl games every year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Zero, since there would be no game to be played this weekend.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Maybe another 2009 season wouldn't be the worst thing for this program...
    Nah. Assuming it's a given that people (especially on B'ville) are going to complain anyway (and I think that's a pretty safe bet), then I'd rather have them complain about blowing out teams than complain that the world is ending because the Bison lost more than three games in a season.

Weather is a factor. Winter came early this year and seemed to sap what ever energy was left at the end of the season. I thought it was very noticeable.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    From Samuel Paul Humann:

Oh, please do!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Aww...trick question...the answer is zero.
    There are no FBS games this weekend unless you go to West Point or Annapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Aww...trick question...the answer is zero.
    There are no FBS games this weekend unless you go to West Point or Annapolis.
    I'll bet it would be super fun being done by Thanksgiving hoping for a bowl game the week of Christmas, wouldn't it?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is like Winter in ND---it goes on forever.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix