Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake up Bison Nation!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Wake up Bison Nation!

MW wouldn’t be too bad. Get 3 good OOC games scheduled do very well/win the conference at home. Win that and have a decent bowl game against another P5 team. Develope more of a rep in FBS and then get snubbed by the committee after thrashing everyone for two years and get more publicity on tv. I’d be fine complaining about that in all honesty.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    MW wouldn’t be too bad. Get 3 good OOC games scheduled do very well/win the conference at home. Win that and have a decent bowl game against another P5 team. Develope more of a rep in FBS and then get snubbed by the committee after thrashing everyone for two years and get more publicity on tv. I’d be fine complaining about that in all honesty.
    That is a best case scenario. If we don't win it all, the post season is a major disappointment. I'm with you on the OOC part, the problem is that playing the MW conference schedule won't be any better than playing the MV schedule. Not a lot to get excited about.

Like I said earlier, between a rock and a hard place.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    One-fifth of all the FBS teams averaged less than 20,000 per game over a 5-year period so it's not like we would be visiting stadiums with 30,000 fans every week. https://collegefootballnews.com/2018...iggest-average If we were the best team in the Mountain West conference, we could host a conference championship game and go the Las Vegas bowl in mid-December.
    American or bust. Its a head and shoulders better league than the other 4, and its champion (which could easily be us!) will go to a new years day bowl every year there isn't an undefeated team from the others. Win big in the non-conference and you can make the playoff.

Seeing their undefeated champion relegated to a new years day bowl two years in a row due to SOS might make them interested in a football-only high mid-major.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    The FBS vs. FCS thing is a tough nut to crack and I've waffled back and forth on this issue myself. Either way, we are between a rock and a hard place. We stay FCS and our season is boring but the post-season is great. We go FBS and the non-conference season is off the charts exciting, but the season and post season will suck. I don't think a MW or MAC conference schedule will bring in any more fans or be more exciting than a MVFC schedule.

Ultimately, I think what most fans on here would like is for us to be in a P5 conference, unfortunately, that will never happen, so NDSU will always be playing second fiddle, which is too bad because we all know we could make some serious noise on the college footfall landscape if given the chance.
    Right now, we are a program that absolutely maximizes our resources. That's all. At the end of the day we're still a 15k school in the middle of nowhere with a ~$30 million budget.

We aren't turning down FBS offers. Nobody's offering.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    American or bust. Its a head and shoulders better league than the other 4, and its champion (which could easily be us!) will go to a new years day bowl every year there isn't an undefeated team from the others. Win big in the non-conference and you can make the playoff.

Seeing their undefeated champion relegated to a new years day bowl two years in a row due to SOS might make them interested in a football-only high mid-major.
    Would still be the smallest public school and have to add nearly 50% to our current yearly budget to still be last. Doesn't that sound awesome?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Right now, we are a program that absolutely maximizes our resources. That's all. At the end of the day we're still a 15k school in the middle of nowhere with a ~$30 million budget.

That is reality, no doubt. The other reality is that because of our culture we play at a level about double to triple what our budget is. I believe if you build it dollars and invites will come. It’s a chicken or egg deal...
    Go Bison.

Default Wake up Bison Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    I think it’s time to take G/5 offers seriously if they arise.
    The biggest problem is the “if.” In my travels, I’ve learned the MAC schools are hemorrhaging money (according to an Akron employee) and during a luncheon, the Mountain West thinks NDSU is a cute little school while their schools are on par with any P5 school.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Univ of Wyoming is around 14,000. Arkansas State at 14,000 in Jonesboro. Coastal Carolina with 10,000. There's plenty of G5 FBS schools that are our size or smaller, and even some P5 schools.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Would still be the smallest public school and have to add nearly 50% to our current yearly budget to still be last. Doesn't that sound awesome?
    who says we have to do this? we're a football only affiliate.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    who says we have to do this? we're a football only affiliate.
    People bitch yearly about the increase in ticket prices/TM dues. How many Bisonville sob stories about unaffordability would we hear if a move up happened? Supply/Demand would dictate a changing of the guard would occur as prices rise