Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate - Next Up

Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So how did Colgate get to be FCS #1 in total defense? They played the following teams, points scored against Colgate, and their total offense ranking at end of season (#1 best, #124 worst):
    Holy Cross, 17, #98
    New Hampshire, 3, #113
    Lafayette, 0, #118
    William & Mary, 0, #122
    Bucknell, 3, #124
    Cornell, 0, #92
    Georgetown, 0, #121
    Fordham, 0, #119
    Lehigh, 6, #106
    Army, 28, NA
    James Madison, 20, #46

Anyone see a pattern here? They played 6 of the 12 worst offensive teams in FCS. Congrats on shutting most of those teams out. They likely have a good defense, but ranking highly inflated with that schedule.
    NDSU total offense is ranked #20. Looking at the few teams ranked above #100 that Colgate played you can guess how many points NDSU will score.
    So do we need to Arkansas-Pine Bluff them?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It will be interesting to see how Colgate reacts to the Dome noise, etc. History would say not so well.

And honest question: Does Kennesaw have a chance against the Jacks? Obviously I would love to see a 3rd new team come to the Dome for the playoffs, but SDSU concerns me only because of the obvious familiarity of us and having been here, blah blah...

Quote Originally Posted by WFBisonFan View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Colgate reacts to the Dome noise, etc. History would say not so well.

And honest question: Does Kennesaw have a chance against the Jacks? Obviously I would love to see a 3rd new team come to the Dome for the playoffs, but SDSU concerns me only because of the obvious familiarity of us and having been here, blah blah...
    As much as I hate to say it I bet we see SDSU---I have serious concerns we beat them again.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Yes. I think SDSU has a better chance than anybody else to beat the Bison. But as long as the "Playoff Bison" show up, we handle the Bunnies without too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    Yes. I think SDSU has a better chance than anybody else to beat the Bison. But as long as the "Playoff Bison" show up, we handle the Bunnies without too much trouble.
    But... what if... The Bunnies have a playoff mode inspired by the Joose?

In all seriousness, I think the biggest threats remaining in the field are SDSU and EWU. And I'm confident the playoff version of the 2018 Bison will handle either, but anything can happen.

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just wonder if the weather will be enough of factor to give the better run team the advantage in the SDSU vs KSU game. https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USGA0028:1:US

KSU has a chance maybe one in 3 or 4. I agree, SDSU and EWU are the 2nd and 3rd best teams remaining.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WFBisonFan View Post

Burks left the last game late due to injury. He makes that option offense go and is one of the finalists for the Payton award along with Stick. If he doesn’t play, Kennesaw has no chance. With him they have about a 25-30% chance. Probably less in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    You’d be blown away if I told you who he was. He talked with me about this incident right after it happened (he’s an old friend of mine).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know who he is. I'm over it, he and I actually talked shortly after when I ran into him at Sandy's donuts one day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I know who he is. I'm over it, he and I actually talked shortly after when I ran into him at Sandy's donuts one day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I swear to God Bisonville could be a sitcom.