Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate - Next Up

Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, I like their coach and I like the way Colgate plays.

Only problem with Colgate is that they don't have a lot of fans on here talking about how they almost beat Army... because we've had "But 'Bama", "But Auburn", so "But Army" has a ring to it.

Usually, I'd expect a close game with a team that's disciplined against the run... but Messingham might find a way to score a lot. Then, of course, there's field position, turn overs, penalties, etc...
    Anyone who thinks Colgate "almost beat Army" obviously didn't watch that game or doesn't understand how Army plays football. Half of their wins over the last 2 years are by 7 points or less. Why? They play ball control to an extreme which by nature limits the spread. Their success is in the execution and discipline, not putting up big numbers. Colgate's D played tough but still gave up 250+ yards rushing. Offense was pitiful. If you want to talk about almosts, look at the scare Army gave Oklahoma this year. Not sure what your point is about Bama and Auburn.

EDIT: I'm an idiot get it now thanks to Vet70.
    Last edited by neutics; 12-07-2018 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neutics View Post
    Anyone who thinks Colgate "almost beat Army" obviously didn't watch that game or doesn't understand how Army plays football. Half of their wins over the last 2 years are by 7 points or less. Why? They play ball control to an extreme which by nature limits the spread. Their success is in the execution and discipline, not putting up big numbers. Colgate's D played tough but still gave up 250+ yards rushing. Offense was pitiful. If you want to talk about almosts, look at the scare Army gave Oklahoma this year. Not sure what your point is about Bama and Auburn.
    The reference is to posters who have come here from other teams bragging how they played them "tough".
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    With all due respect to Colgate, this game will not be close. They may have a good defense but they have feasted against a bunch of scrub teams this season. Padding your stats against the puds in the PL is only going to get you so far. NDSU would throttle Army and JMU this season. They needed 5 TO's to beat a 3 loss JMU team by a FG. This will be at least a 3-4 TD game.
    As a lifelong Bison fan and West Point grad, I would have agreed on NDSU beating Army for most of the last two decades. But no chance in hell that happens to the Army team of the last 2-3 years. I'm hoping Colgate keeps it within 14 purely to give complacent/arrogant Bison fans a dose of humility.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CAS do you have a prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Attachment 8671Attachment 8672

New Jersey ready for gameday!!!!!
    I knew Barney would return. We miss you at the undie thread!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by neutics View Post
    As a lifelong Bison fan and West Point grad, I would have agreed on NDSU beating Army for most of the last two decades. But no chance in hell that happens to the Army team of the last 2-3 years. I'm hoping Colgate keeps it within 14 purely to give complacent/arrogant Bison fans a dose of humility.
    No chance? So the same odds we had against Iowa and K-State? I would take those. Army is capable of beating the Bison, but the Bison are just as capable of beating Army this year.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Attachment 8671Attachment 8672

New Jersey ready for gameday!!!!!
    I would have went with Swift 16 but whatever

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    No chance? So the same odds we had against Iowa and K-State? I would take those. Army is capable of beating the Bison, but the Bison are just as capable of beating Army this year.
    Yeah “no chance” is all heart and no head. Understood but not buyin.

Sagarin would predict a Bison win on either field no? That’s all head talkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yeah “no chance” is all heart and no head. Understood but not buyin.

Sagarin would predict a Bison win on either field no? That’s all head talkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sagarin would have NDSU as 8 point favorites on a neutral field.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Sagarin would have NDSU as 8 point favorites on a neutral field.
    Sorry meant no chance that the Bison would "throttle" Army or however it was phrased. Would be a great matchup I think but doubt we will ever schedule a service academy unfortunately.