Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate - Next Up

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

I am always reminded of something Kyle Emmanuel said: "Respect your opponents, and credit your teammates."

Line says 32-9 Bison

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Colgate's win over JMU was as surprising to me as JMU's thrashing of SDSU last year...…………….until I saw the turnover numbers (of each of those two games).

Colgate simply does not have the depth to beat the Bison. Their tough defense will do well early, but they will likely wear down in the 2nd half.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I also watched the Colgate-Army game. I came away less impressed than I thought I would be with a close game (28-14) with an FBS team that has a 9-2 record. Colgate only had one sustained drive for a td in the whole game. Their other score was a fumble returned for a td. Army had 4 long drives (and long time) for tds. Between the 2 teams, there were 88 total yards passing. Colgate averaged 3.9 yards per pass attempt. Colgate had 188 yards rushing, decent but not overwhelming. Third down efficiency Army 8-12, Colgate 2-8 and Colgate 0-2 on 4th down. Colgate had to punt 7 times.

The Army announcers seemed impressed that Colgate was willing to play their regular 3-4 defensive alignment while apparently other CAA teams that played Army have used 8 man fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Line says 32-9 Bison

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    It has tightened up a scoosh - iirc it was 37-10 (47 over/under)

And on Army-Colgate, Colgate did get their starting QB back for the JMU game.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tough to tell. I watched the JMU-Colgate game and really wasn't all that impressed with Colgate. Passing wise, looked like they threw the ball underneath a bunch and relied on YAC. Running game looked alright but nothing really stood out. They had 13 possessions and had 14 first downs. 4 turnovers (I don't count the hail mary at half) and they only managed 3 points off them.

The defense looked good but those turnovers all looked like pretty bad passes. Didn't really look like it was incredible coverage or the guy made a hell of a play. I don't see Easton making those same bad passes. Run defense wasn't all that good, gave up an average of 5 yards a rush. 39 rush attempts and only 2 for negative yards. If JMU just keeps rushing the ball they probably win that game easily.

The fake punt by JMU was a horrible decision, I mean watching at home I could see the fake punt coming so it didn't fool anyone. But I do credit Colgate for doing what good teams do and they took that JMU mistake and were able to capitalize and win the game.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    If true, why are the Bison getting 26 1/2 points as I saw earlier this week?
    Same reason the Bison were 30 point favorites against Youngstown?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Same reason the Bison were 30 point favorites against Youngstown?
    I expect this game to be like the Youngstown matchup. NDSU will be the better team, but Colgate will be fighting tooth and nail to keep it close in order to have a chance at the end.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I expect this game to be like the Youngstown matchup. NDSU will be the better team, but Colgate will be fighting tooth and nail to keep it close in order to have a chance at the end.
    C'mon, man! I hope you're wrong... I don't need a close game to keep things exciting this weekend. Maybe other folks do, but I'm okay showing our dominance from the beginning again.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    C'mon, man! I hope you're wrong... I don't need a close game to keep things exciting this weekend. Maybe other folks do, but I'm okay showing our dominance from the beginning again.
    Please do not start a new thread, “What if we win by fewer than seven points”!