Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 266

Thread: Colgate - Next Up

  1. #191
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,454

    Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Halftime score:
    NDSU 17
    Colgate 14

    Final score:
    NDSU 34
    Colgate 17
    Think it will be closer to this.

    Halftime score:
    NDSU 17
    Colgate 7

    Final score:
    NDSU 38
    Colgate 10

  2. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    7,453

    Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Think it will be closer to this.

    Halftime score:
    NDSU 17
    Colgate 7

    Final score:
    NDSU 38
    Colgate 10
    This, I agree with.
    Hail the BISON!!!

  3. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,210

    Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Colgate has itís own Southern Speed:

    https://m.herosports.com/fcs/footbal...s-holland-ajaj



    That includes star RB James Holland
    Well...that's it..they got more Florida players...NDSU doesn't stand a chance...

  4. #194
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    7,453

    Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Colgate has itís own Southern Speed:

    https://m.herosports.com/fcs/footbal...s-holland-ajaj



    That includes star RB James Holland
    Watched the Colgate-Army game last night and he had pretty good stats. However, I didn't get the impression that he was extremely fast. He got through open holes pretty quick, but would be caught usually within 10 yards. He had a few long runs, but mostly just 5-10 yards runs against Army. I think his strength is, well, his strength. Dude is built like a spark plug.
    Hail the BISON!!!

  5. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Temple of Ralph/Doom
    Posts
    5,552

    Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

    Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    60 scholarships - all full rides. The Patriot has really stepped things up.
    I'm assuming that not all teams in the conference offer a full 60. Colgate looks like they do going off of the eye test.

  6. #196
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    11,800
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

    If I remember correctly, they did it a year or two before they were supposed to. Caused some consternation within the PL.

  7. #197
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    NYC and Bucks County, PA
    Posts
    18,924
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Indeed that is what their coach confirmed during the interview.

    Really liked the coach btw. Sounds like a great dude. Think I could play for him. If I could play that is.
    Yeah, I like their coach and I like the way Colgate plays.

    Only problem with Colgate is that they don't have a lot of fans on here talking about how they almost beat Army... because we've had "But 'Bama", "But Auburn", so "But Army" has a ring to it.

    Usually, I'd expect a close game with a team that's disciplined against the run... but Messingham might find a way to score a lot. Then, of course, there's field position, turn overs, penalties, etc...
    Get your entries into the Bisonville dictionary: http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary

  8. #198
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,456

    Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    If I remember correctly, they did it a year or two before they were supposed to. Caused some consternation within the PL.
    I think you're thinking of Fordham. They were ineligible for the Patriot League title for a few years earlier this decade since they had scholarships before the rest of the league did. They did get an at-large bid one or three of those years though.

    The thing that's kind of goofy about the Patriot League rules that hurts their teams over other full scholly conferences is they don't allow redshirts other than medical redshirts. Something about how students are supposed to graduate in 4 years so student-athletes should as well...

  9. #199
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    11,800
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think you're thinking of Fordham. They were ineligible for the Patriot League title for a few years earlier this decade since they had scholarships before the rest of the league did. They did get an at-large bid one or three of those years though.

    The thing that's kind of goofy about the Patriot League rules that hurts their teams over other full scholly conferences is they don't allow redshirts other than medical redshirts. Something about how students are supposed to graduate in 4 years so student-athletes should as well...
    That's right. I forget Fordham is in the Patriot. In fact, I barely remember 5 teams in the Patriot on demand.

  10. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Parkers Prairie, MN
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Colgate has itís own Southern Speed:

    https://m.herosports.com/fcs/footbal...s-holland-ajaj



    That includes star RB James Holland
    Wait....not.... SOUTHERN SPEEEEEED?!?! We're F*CKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Pack it up guys, seasons over
    2018 - The Empire Strikes Back...... again... and again... and again.... and again...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •