Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate - Next Up

Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    You’d be blown away if I told you who he was. He talked with me about this incident right after it happened (he’s an old friend of mine).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They do know who he is and where he tailgates. They kissed and made up a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Hotchkiss should have been in the game in the third quarter running the full offense.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    This is so true. The first offense comes out to start the second half looking like they took a nap. It seems the vanilla plays get more vanilla, and the players appear to be going at it 80 percent. This is just not right. Put the second offense in and let them run some pass plays too.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    You’d be blown away if I told you who he was. He talked with me about this incident right after it happened (he’s an old friend of mine).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What im curious about is from what he most likely told you about that incident...how does someone justify that?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Watched the JMU Colgate game. Yeah, the Colgate defense looked good, especially their secondary. I mean, JMU's QB threw five interceptions in the game when he had 7 for the whole season. Plus, Colgate held Stapleton to one catch for 5 yards. On the other hand, JMU has more than their average rushing yards.

The Colgate offense looked better than I thought. I mean their WRs were WIDE OPEN on almost every catch, and their QB was just a little long on some passes that would have been huge gainers.
    To be fair, JMU's Quarterback is god awful. They have been bitching about him all season.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    To be fair, JMU's Quarterback is god awful. They have been bitching about him all season.
    How do you build a dynasty without a QB?*

* This is a jab at JMU and not an insult to the poster.

Lardsin must go!

JMU rushed for just a tick better (200 yd 5.0 avg) than their season average (183.3/game 4.67/rush) against Colgate.

If NDSU can be a tick above their season average for rushing (277.2/game 6.36/attempt) it likely will be a long day for Colgate

Anyone know the line for this game or the other playoff games so far?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Anyone know the line for this game or the other playoff games so far?
    https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...terfinals-bzbz

Bison 37-10?

Won’t be that close
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

So how did Colgate get to be FCS #1 in total defense? They played the following teams, points scored against Colgate, and their total offense ranking at end of season (#1 best, #124 worst):

Holy Cross, 17, #98
    New Hampshire, 3, #113
    Lafayette, 0, #118
    William & Mary, 0, #122
    Bucknell, 3, #124
    Cornell, 0, #92
    Georgetown, 0, #121
    Fordham, 0, #119
    Lehigh, 6, #106
    Army, 28, NA
    James Madison, 20, #46

Anyone see a pattern here? They played 6 of the 12 worst offensive teams in FCS. Congrats on shutting most of those teams out. They likely have a good defense, but ranking highly inflated with that schedule.
    NDSU total offense is ranked #20. Looking at the few teams ranked above #100 that Colgate played you can guess how many points NDSU will score.

Also of note, Colgate total offense ranked #79. NDSU total defense #8. My prediction NDSU 38, Colgate 7