Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Colgate - Next Up

Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah, I am THAT guy. Until I see them get blown out by any team, I just won't buy that we can't make it a game. I know its not a popular take, and I'm tired of the "We want 'Bama" conversation...

...But with the defense the Bison play, and the defense the Sooners DON'T play... does anyone think we couldn't hang with that team?
    How about this- what FBS teams could have done what the bison have done in the last 9 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I know is that players will be laser-focused tomorrow. This could get ugly in a hurry.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    How about this- what FBS teams could have done what the bison have done in the last 9 years?

I mean, I think there are a few FBS teams that could consistently win in the FCS in similar fashion.

I’m talking about this exact team on the same field as Oklahoma. 1 time. Would love to see it. I think it’d be close.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Things I’ll be watching today include:

Colgate itself - it’s good to see another up-and-coming program in FCS.
    Head Coach Dan Hunt is in his 5th season and has the Raiders in a good place.
    Of course, the Patriot League has not been historically strong, but with the PL now allowing 60 full scholarships now, Colgate is setting the standard for what can be accomplished. For years Gonzaga wasn’t taken seriously as they were from “only” the West Coast Conference, and it was typically a one-bid league for NCAA basketball. But they proved themselves with victories in the Big Dance on their way to being a national power.

- Colgate’s #1 ranked scoring defense - Can it hold up against the Bison?
    Running a 3-4 D, they will need to rotate fresh bodies on the DLine.
    The entire defense is very experienced, like NDSU, with all junior & senior starters. On the 2-deep they still are experienced, with only 3 sophomores and one freshman CB mixed in.

- Colgate’s D includes Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year T.J. Holl, a 6’ 1” 230 SR LB.

- Colgate’s O includes Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year James Holland, a 5’ 9” 210 SR RB.

- And of course QB Grant Breneman (6’ 1” 200 Soph) - Montana State failed to get the Bison D to respect the pass - Colgate has to find a way to accomplish that or it will be a long afternoon, or is that morning?

http://www.patriotleague.org/news/20...?path=football

Holland, a five-time Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week in 2018, led the League and finished among the FCS leaders in rushing yards (1,065), rushing yards per game (106.5), rushing touchdowns (12) total touchdowns (14), and rush yards per carry (6.23). His classmate Holl, a two-time Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week this season, is among the League leaders in tackles (94) and tackles for loss (13.0), while leading a Raiders’ defense that ranks as the nation’s best in scoring defense (5.7 points allowed/game) and total defense (201.7 yards/game).

Me too. Sagarin has OU favored by about 10 points at home against NDSU. I'd consider that a close game for any FCS team vs. a top 10 FBS team.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I mean, I think there are a few FBS teams that could consistently win in the FCS in similar fashion.

I’m talking about this exact team on the same field as Oklahoma. 1 time. Would love to see it. I think it’d be close.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Screw hypothetical Oklahoma. What we have coming to the Dome Friday is a team that could very well knock us off.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix