Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate - Next Up

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Just watching their game against JMU. I think their defense is substantially better than Montana's States. Their offense is better balanced than MSU's too, but nowhere near as athletic of a quarterback.

Maybe hanging for a "few" quarters is a bit much, but I can definitely see them giving NDSU a better game than MSU who's run defense was just horrible. If they get a few lucky bounces it could be interesting, but no way are they deep enough talent wise to hold up all four quarters.

Just after watching their game against JMU I can appreciate they look like a solid team. Watching MSU vs Incarnate Word I didn't get that feeling from MSU. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll get slaughtered too. If so, oh well.
    If true, why are the Bison getting 26 1/2 points as I saw earlier this week?

Anyone heard if BWW up north is opening early for the early game on Sat? I know in the past they've done a breakfast up there for early playoff/GameDay games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=BisonLaw;1316171]Southland Conference refs this weekend. Not that it matters[/QUOTE
    what do you mean "not that it matters"? Refs matter everything. Just ask some of the bobcat fans. The refs were the difference in their beat down last weekend.

After watching the JMU-Colgate game, I can say Colgate is a pretty good team and deserves NDSU's attention. I'm glad Easton Stick choose to stay home and prepare for them with his teammates. No need to allow this hungry, feisty team fly under the radar. The Bison will see their best. I expect NDSU to return the favor.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Anyone heard if BWW up north is opening early for the early game on Sat? I know in the past they've done a breakfast up there for early playoff/GameDay games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    8:00 am. ND state law says you can't serve alcohol before 8:00

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    You have to ask Colgate. They have gate on their helmets. Its probably just lazy Eastern US language. They were the Red Raider until it was politically incorrect in 2001. Now just the Raiders.

Colgate Red Raiders were undefeated in 1932 but snubbed by the Rose Bowl committee. https://200.colgate.edu/looking-back...-football-team A bit of Colgate history you tailgate folks can use for discussion in 10 degree weather on Saturday morning with all those 'gate' fans that show up and you invited to join you for food and drinks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colgate_University

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    If true, why are the Bison getting 26 1/2 points as I saw earlier this week?
    I don't know. Not a betting man personally so don't know much about point spreads. Just think I see something in the way Colgate plays. Don't see them laying down when it gets tough. If I'm wrong, oh well... Another Bison blowout. I can live with that.

I was actually starting to think the Bison were going to have their work cut out for them, and then I looked at their two deep and the size of their DL. This DL is absolutely puny!!

Speed and mobility is only going to take them so far. Who runs a 3-4 with a 270 pound 0-technique? The DE's are small for a 3-4 as well . One of the OLB's is 230, but the other is 205.....WTH? 205 might be OK for us in our 4-3, but you have a guy in Dillon Deluliis who is 5'10" maybe, and 205 setting the edge??

Their ILB's must be superstars if they actually gave Army a hard time; even so, I gotta believe the Bison could just run it up the gut for 5 yards or more all day long.

Another thing; their starting LT and LG are both freshman. Menard may have one of the best games of his career. I would also expect Cox to be run and pass blitzing often.

I expect it to be option right for them all day. I'm sure our coaches are going to have them ready to blow that shizer up all over the field.

No! This is going to be destruction in a smooth steady way. They have no advantages anywhere.

They have a great running QB....ours is better, and he is a great passer as well,and brilliant, and a great leader,etc.

They have a great RB, we have five great RB's.

They have a fast shifty WR. So do we, and we have good TE's as well. Good,Big,Strong TE's who can block as well as receive, not puny little 225 and 230 pound TE's. Both Tuszka and Menard are good bull-rushers when they can get that advantage.

They may not have glaring weaknesses, as coach said in his presser, but they have no advantages in any aspect of the game; unless of course, they come in hungrier,meaner, and just plain wanting it more.

If the Bison show up mentally and emotionally prepared, it's curtains.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I was actually starting to think the Bison were going to have their work cut out for them, and then I looked at their two deep and the size of their DL. This DL is absolutely puny!!

Speed and mobility is only going to take them so far. Who runs a 3-4 with a 270 pound 0-technique? The DE's are small for a 3-4 as well . One of the OLB's is 230, but the other is 205.....WTH? 205 might be OK for us in our 4-3, but you have a guy in Dillon Deluliis who is 5'10" maybe, and 205 setting the edge??

Their ILB's must be superstars if they actually gave Army a hard time; even so, I gotta believe the Bison could just run it up the gut for 5 yards or more all day long.

Another thing; their starting LT and LG are both freshman. Menard may have one of the best games of his career. I would also expect Cox to be run and pass blitzing often.

I expect it to be option right for them all day. I'm sure our coaches are going to have them ready to blow that shizer up all over the field.

No! This is going to be destruction in a smooth steady way. They have no advantages anywhere.

They have a great running QB....ours is better, and he is a great passer as well,and brilliant, and a great leader,etc.

They have a great RB, we have five great RB's.

They have a fast shifty WR. So do we, and we have good TE's as well. Good,Big,Strong TE's who can block as well as receive, not puny little 225 and 230 pound TE's. Both Tuszka and Menard are good bull-rushers when they can get that advantage.

They may not have glaring weaknesses, as coach said in his presser, but they have no advantages in any aspect of the game; unless of course, they come in hungrier,meaner, and just plain wanting it more.

If the Bison show up mentally and emotionally prepared, it's curtains.
    Yes, the Bison are more talented and the better team, but never, ever underestimate your opponent and always prepare to better their absolute best.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Yes, the Bison are more talented and the better team, but never, ever underestimate your opponent and always prepare to better their absolute best.
    I'm pretty sure the players/coaches understand this - assuming they practice what they say in press conferences. I see no reason to believe that they take anyone for granted.

We lowly fans, however, can be as confident as we want!