Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate - Next Up

Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

So what's up with the 'gate? Colgate just too long to pronounce? Sounds a lot like some toothpaste? Must be it's more catchy sounding. So maybe Furman should become 'man, or Monmouth just 'mouth. Then again, Grambling could just go by 'bling.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So what's up with the 'gate? Colgate just too long to pronounce? Sounds a lot like some toothpaste? Must be it's more catchy sounding.
    You have to ask Colgate. They have gate on their helmets. Its probably just lazy Eastern US language. They were the Red Raider until it was politically incorrect in 2001. Now just the Raiders.

Colgate Red Raiders were undefeated in 1932 but snubbed by the Rose Bowl committee. https://200.colgate.edu/looking-back...-football-team A bit of Colgate history you tailgate folks can use for discussion in 10 degree weather on Saturday morning with all those 'gate' fans that show up and you invited to join you for food and drinks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colgate_University
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Haven't watched them play but just looking at stats both teams look very similar. I'm usually long winded but here are the clif notes stat-wise.

- Defenses are pretty equal and both fantastic.
    - Our Offense seems to be a step above theirs.
    - Special teams seems to favor us slightly but I will say a push.

The kicker is that we compare that close to them with our schedule being notably harder then theirs AND we are the home team. Though I do realize they can absolutely win because they can run the ball, play defense, just beat a good JMU team, and create turnovers. Tie or win the turnover battle and I think we can take this one to the Semis.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Based on what? Colgates great D performance against mostly bottom 10 percent total offense teams? Also, Colgate is ranked #79 for total offense against many weak FCS teams. NDSU will have to beat themselves to ever have the game in doubt against this team.
    Just watching their game against JMU. I think their defense is substantially better than Montana's States. Their offense is better balanced than MSU's too, but nowhere near as athletic of a quarterback.

Maybe hanging for a "few" quarters is a bit much, but I can definitely see them giving NDSU a better game than MSU who's run defense was just horrible. If they get a few lucky bounces it could be interesting, but no way are they deep enough talent wise to hold up all four quarters.

Just after watching their game against JMU I can appreciate they look like a solid team. Watching MSU vs Incarnate Word I didn't get that feeling from MSU. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll get slaughtered too. If so, oh well.

Southland Conference refs this weekend. Not that it matters

I dont see the jmu colgate replay on espn3? What's up with that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

I couldn't find the NDSU/MSU game either. I went to the Replay then the day schedule and found it there.

hopefully this link works http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=...8-c9b7fc1a709f
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I couldn't find the NDSU/MSU game either. I went to the Replay then the day schedule and found it there.
    Yep, they're both there. Just a matter of finding them.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

The search function on ESPN's website and apps has been trash. I typically use the schedule calendar to find replays since they don't show up when searching half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Southland Conference refs this weekend. Not that it matters
    Southern ref speed.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans