Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: MSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Nah, too busy saying how good they will be next year and extolling the virtues of Saint Troy.
    They’re still in shock for the most part. Some of them were knowledgeable ahead of time and not surprised. But the average fan among them were/are just shell shocked. It will be some time before they can recover from the PTSD. Apologies to actual war veterans for this soft comparison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    They’re still in shock for the most part. Some of them were knowledgeable ahead of time and not surprised. But the average fan among them were/are just shell shocked. It will be some time before they can recover from the PTSD. Apologies to actual war veterans for this soft comparison.

does anyone have a link to the montana state coaches postgame???

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    The video crew in the Fargodome showed their coach just shaking his head once between plays. I think that was sometime in the first half when we still had our foot on the gas.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    Try this: https://youtu.be/BIsfyAvd774

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

Honestly...this was one of the dumber comments I've seen in this thread. For the most part, Montana State fans didn't expect to win, and the game went as expected (Though I figured more like 42-7). No MSU fans are suffering from "PTSD," and most are happy about the season and direction of our program, and if Choate keeps doing his thing, MSU will be in the mix for Frisco in the near future. As far as NDSU goes.....The team is good and I like your coach. However, based on many comments I've read on here....I can't wait until the "dynasty" is over so certain members of your fan base can get a piece of humble pie they have been begging for. For the rest of you, good luck the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotabobcat View Post
    Honestly...this was one of the dumber comments I've seen in this thread. For the most part, Montana State fans didn't expect to win, and the game went as expected (Though I figured more like 42-7). No MSU fans are suffering from "PTSD," and most are happy about the season and direction of our program, and if Choate keeps doing his thing, MSU will be in the mix for Frisco in the near future. As far as NDSU goes.....The team is good and I like your coach. However, based on many comments I've read on here....I can't wait until the "dynasty" is over so certain members of your fan base can get a piece of humble pie they have been begging for. For the rest of you, good luck the rest of the season.
    Are you saying Bobcat fans would be humble if they were 109-8 since 2011, going for their 7th title in 8 years, and had 3 losing seasons since 1964? If so, I disagree; any fanbase would be confident in their team. There are reasons we are so confident, and reasons that we tend to doubt the ability of other teams to beat us; those reasons are getting packed tighter and tighter in our trophy case. You don't have to put dynasty in quotes...

Did you come on an NDSU message board and expect fans to take a team that needed a fumble recovery in the last game of the season to make the playoffs and was statistically inferior in nearly every category as a serious threat to win in Fargo?

You’re right, I over generalized. What I should have said was “many of the participants on their fan board” as opposed to implying that all of your fans feel this way. Clearly I have no idea how the majority of your fans feel.

You should feel good about your season given where you started. I like your coach. A lot. I like Troy Andersen and also Infanse. A lot.

Best of luck to all you Bobcats next year and in the coming years as you continue to build on this bit of success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Had a chance to speak with two separate Bobcat fans prior to kickoff. Asked them how the drive/flight over from Bozeman was. Both of them were actually from the cities and had family playing for the team. I find this is pretty typical of most visiting fans, they're usually family members. Nothing wrong with that, but it makes me appreciate Bison fans and how well we travel even more. I may be a rarity a bit when it comes to NDSU fans. I'm not family or an alum, just grew up by campus and both parents went there...that's my connection. Anyway, I went to strike up some football conversation which I normally like to do before games, but both of these guys said it was their first game they've gone to this year and really didn't know much about the team. Nothing like talking with opposing teams fans and letting them know who to watch on their team, haha.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Solid post, but I’d have to say the comments about MSU being in the mix for Frisco in the near future are certainly possible, but more likely misguided. Far too often fans see their team make a short playoff run and optimistically think their team is on the upswing when in reality it is closer to a peak.

I understand you’ll be better next year with what you have coming back, but let’s be honest, the bobcats are nowhere near a title contender with or without a home playoff game.

MSU has been a middle of the road program for decades. What exactly is going to be the catalyst to be that much of a game changer for MSUs program?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Solid post, but I’d have to say the comments about MSU being in the mix for Frisco in the near future are certainly possible, but more likely misguided. Far too often fans see their team make a short playoff run and optimistically think their team is on the upswing when in reality it is closer to a peak.

I understand you’ll be better next year with what you have coming back, but let’s be honest, the bobcats are nowhere near a title contender with or without a home playoff game.

MSU has been a middle of the road program for decades. What exactly is going to be the catalyst to be that much of a game changer for MSUs program?
    Hope springs eternal.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix