Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Haha funny. But what fun is a room full of the same people? Not going to be a lot of productive conversation.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    Haha funny. But what fun is a room full of the same people? Not going to be a lot of productive conversation.
    If you want to see a productive conversation go to the Wake Up Bison Nation thread where FBS talk is happening. Very Purple Statement... You’ll see there are not a bunch of the same people here! Lol
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Well, you know your team is good when we feel so threatened that we start a thread like this. Or when I complain that you are in our quarterfinals bracket because usually I love to see non-conference schools in our bracket.

Same here, just joined to hear the chatter last week. Unlike you I am not sure I will be coming back next year. Maybe it is the specific threads I read (like this one)....but this one is nothing but a bunch of bashing and bragging. Anyone know of a good NDSU forum with solid conversation about actual football? Maybe a group of people that aren't afraid to talk about actual strengths and weaknesses? Predict game plan? etc.?

In all seriousness, no one thought anyone BUT NDSU would win this year. In fact, I would consider it an extremely poor performance to NOT win the championship this year. Returned basically their whole national championship team from last year. Best of luck to them the rest of the year. I imagine they'll blow everyone out along the way (including Colgate).

Also, why are NDSU fans so bitter about JMU? Genuine question, I mean bitter enough to create this 12+ page thread? I would have thought they would enjoy our company as we are the only other FCS team in the country able to consistently travel well. Makes the title game more enjoyable when both sides show up in my opinion.

You are aware this is a sports forum right? Smack is talked accordingly because it's a fun part of following sports. Don't pretend we don't talk about "strengths and weaknesses? Predict game plan? etc.?" there are plenty of those threads on this forum as well.

JMU gets special attention because they've done something no other team has done in the past 7 years, beat the Bison in the playoffs. Also because they do silly things too like their Athletic Department makes signs mocking NDSU and their facilities. Their fans do silly things like throw streamers and threaten to boycott Toyota Stadium concession vendors. Some of the news articles about them wrote silly things like suggest they were replacing NDSU as the new FCS Dynasty after winning a single Championship. That gets our attention and gives us something to have fun with in between discussing actual X's and O's.

Chill out. Relax. and have some fun. When game time comes, everyone here in the end appreciates opposing fans and realizes we are all going to the same game and have the right to cheer on their own team. Except Bunny fans and their trash program.

For the time being, JMU has earned a spot with past and current conference rivals as targets of online Bison smack talk. It's an achievement really, and I'd imagine most Bison fans respect JMU for focusing on having a good defense and run game. Other out of conference contenders without that focus who are the target of smack talk have much less respect behind it.

Yep, never thought much of Houston. Has yet to prove himself as a long term coach. Won a championship with another coaches recruits. The defensive coordinator is the real deal though. Don't remember that particular comment but it does sound a bit cocky. But come on, wouldn't you expect anyone to make a comment like that in the moment? Even if it isn't reality, he did particularly well to market himself. From my perspective, JMU was just a stepping stone in his eyes. The statement was all part of his image and goals. JMU was the standard for 1 game I guess, now it is back to NDSU.

Thought this thread was about a 'dynasty' not general concern/disdain for Mike Houston or the fan base. Must have misread the title....

Never said my feelings or sensibilities were hurt. Was mostly asking for another forum that better suited my needs.
    Congrats on beating an unhealthy Bison team. Once.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Same here, just joined to hear the chatter last week. Unlike you I am not sure I will be coming back next year. Maybe it is the specific threads I read (like this one)....but this one is nothing but a bunch of bashing and bragging. Anyone know of a good NDSU forum with solid conversation about actual football? Maybe a group of people that aren't afraid to talk about actual strengths and weaknesses? Predict game plan? etc.?

In all seriousness, no one thought anyone BUT NDSU would win this year. In fact, I would consider it an extremely poor performance to NOT win the championship this year. Returned basically their whole national championship team from last year. Best of luck to them the rest of the year. I imagine they'll blow everyone out along the way (including Colgate).

Also, why are NDSU fans so bitter about JMU? Genuine question, I mean bitter enough to create this 12+ page thread? I would have thought they would enjoy our company as we are the only other FCS team in the country able to consistently travel well. Makes the title game more enjoyable when both sides show up in my opinion.
    Fan forums will be fan forums. AGS isn’t any different or better than here (as much as some would like to believe). If you don’t like smack or chest thumping then ignore it and talk football. Someone will eventually discuss whatever you’re trying to discuss

Haha up for debate I guess. JMU did hold the #1 throughout the entire season and playoffs, right? Maybe we could settle on 1.99 seasons?
    Depends on whether your metric is continuous or discrete. I think Vet is lobbying for discrete, based on championships achieved. Oh and didn't NDSU hold the #1 ranking until JMU knocked them off in the semis in '16? If so then even by your continuous metric it is closer to 1.1 than 1.99.

Meh, details.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Depends on whether your metric is continuous or discrete. I think Vet is lobbying for discrete, based on championships achieved. Oh and didn't NDSU hold the #1 ranking until JMU knocked them off in the semis in '16? If so then even by your continuous metric it is closer to 1.1 than 1.99.

Meh, details.
    True, I can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    You are aware this is a sports forum right? Smack is talked accordingly because it's a fun part of following sports. Don't pretend we don't talk about "strengths and weaknesses? Predict game plan? etc.?" there are plenty of those threads on this forum as well.

JMU gets special attention because they've done something no other team has done in the past 7 years, beat the Bison in the playoffs. Also because they do silly things too like their Athletic Department makes signs mocking NDSU and their facilities. Their fans do silly things like throw streamers and threaten to boycott Toyota Stadium concession vendors. Some of the news articles about them wrote silly things like suggest they were replacing NDSU as the new FCS Dynasty after winning a single Championship. That gets our attention and gives us something to have fun with in between discussing actual X's and O's.

Chill out. Relax. and have some fun. When game time comes, everyone here in the end appreciates opposing fans and realizes we are all going to the same game and have the right to cheer on their own team. Except Bunny fans and their trash program.

For the time being, JMU has earned a spot with past and current conference rivals as targets of online Bison smack talk. It's an achievement really, and I'd imagine most Bison fans respect JMU for focusing on having a good defense and run game. Other out of conference contenders without that focus who are the target of smack talk have much less respect behind it.
    That right there is a pretty darn good summary. Except the purple on the Bunny trash program.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Fan forums will be fan forums. AGS isn’t any different or better than here (as much as some would like to believe). If you don’t like smack or chest thumping then ignore it and talk football. Someone will eventually discuss whatever you’re trying to discuss
    Notice we don’t smack Indiana State or Mo State at the same level
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans