Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    this thread/forum is not reflective of all NDSU Fans, trust me
    I don't doubt that. Had a blast tailgating in Frisco with everyone last year. Didn't run into a single confrontational person.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Nobody on here is bitter about JMU! Why would we be? What we dislike for the most part is your former coach and the fans that said JMU is the new standard in FCS and such. You are not and probably never will be as long as NDSU is in division. Sure you may win a title again some day and who knows, you may be the Bison again to get there. Your arrogant former head coach is an idiot! He's just a scam artist and has yet to coach a team full of HIS recruits to anything worth mentioning. 2 years here and gone. 3 years there and gone. Poof, like slut magic he's gone again to ECU after signing a 10 year extension. We can make fun of your program as much as we want and nobody here cares about your's or your fan bases sensibilities.
    Yep, never thought much of Houston. Has yet to prove himself as a long term coach. Won a championship with another coaches recruits. The defensive coordinator is the real deal though. Don't remember that particular comment but it does sound a bit cocky. But come on, wouldn't you expect anyone to make a comment like that in the moment? Even if it isn't reality, he did particularly well to market himself. From my perspective, JMU was just a stepping stone in his eyes. The statement was all part of his image and goals. JMU was the standard for 2 years I guess, now it is back to NDSU.

Thought this thread was about a 'dynasty' not general concern/disdain for Mike Houston or the fan base. Must have misread the title....

Never said my feelings or sensibilities were hurt. Was mostly asking for another forum that better suited my needs.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is a fair comment. I did come off a hard but that was in case a few more JMU fans wanted to come here and whine about this thread. A few threads are good but will probably take most of the week to get into Xs and Os.

No other Forum options sorry.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    Yep, never thought much of Houston. Has yet to prove himself as a long term coach. Won a championship with another coaches recruits. The defensive coordinator is the real deal though. Don't remember that particular comment but it does sound a bit cocky. But come one, wouldn't you expect anyone to make a comment like that in the moment? Even if it isn't reality, he did particular well to market himself. From my perspective, JMU was just a stepping stone in his eyes. The statement was all part of his iamge and goals. JMU was the standard for 2 years I guess, now it is back to NDSU. Never said my feelings or sensibilities were hurt. Was mostly asking for another forum that better suited my needs.
    Who from staff stays at JMU? Who goes to ECU?

We had a messy coach break up in 2013 but Kleiman stayed and kept the program rolling starting with keeping the current senior class of recruits.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Same here, just joined to hear the chatter last week. Unlike you I am not sure I will be coming back next year. Maybe it is the specific threads I read (like this one)....but this one is nothing but a bunch of bashing and bragging. Anyone know of a good NDSU forum with solid conversation about actual football? Maybe a group of people that aren't afraid to talk about actual strengths and weaknesses? Predict game plan? etc.?

In all seriousness, no one thought anyone BUT NDSU would win this year. In fact, I would consider it an extremely poor performance to NOT win the championship this year. Returned basically their whole national championship team from last year. Best of luck to them the rest of the year. I imagine they'll blow everyone out along the way (including Colgate).

Also, why are NDSU fans so bitter about JMU? Genuine question, I mean bitter enough to create this 12+ page thread? I would have thought they would enjoy our company as we are the only other FCS team in the country able to consistently travel well. Makes the title game more enjoyable when both sides show up in my opinion.
    You have to filter through and ignore a lot of the bravado posts. It was the same thing with the MSU fans this week. Honestly, JMU is a good program and is clearly capable of challenging us for the national title every year, that's why you see so much discussion about JMU here. It really is a sign of respect if you think about it.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My favorite moment was the tears on a JMU dad's face when I congratulated him on their semi-final victory. Losing that game sucked hard, but he was one hell of a nice guy, and it reminded me of what it felt like for us back when we appreciated going to Frisco.

That was also my least favorite moment as it was my dad's final Bison game before his death.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Yep, never thought much of Houston. Has yet to prove himself as a long term coach. Won a championship with another coaches recruits. The defensive coordinator is the real deal though. Don't remember that particular comment but it does sound a bit cocky. But come on, wouldn't you expect anyone to make a comment like that in the moment? Even if it isn't reality, he did particularly well to market himself. From my perspective, JMU was just a stepping stone in his eyes. The statement was all part of his image and goals. JMU was the standard for 1 year I guess, now it is back to NDSU.

Thought this thread was about a 'dynasty' not general concern/disdain for Mike Houston or the fan base. Must have misread the title....

Never said my feelings or sensibilities were hurt. Was mostly asking for another forum that better suited my needs.
    Fixed an error in your post for you.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Who from staff stays at JMU? Who goes to ECU?

We had a messy coach break up in 2013 but Kleiman stayed and kept the program rolling starting with keeping the current senior class of recruits.
    That I do not know but I am not in the loop as much as some people in town. Bob Trott previously came from Richmond, so I am hoping he does not leave with Houston (as I do not think they had previous connections). He has moved around a lot, from position coaching in the NFL to assistant coach/defensive coordinator in 1-A and FCS. So I am not particularly hopeful but it would be nice if they could retain him. If I were AD, I might even consider attempting to have base the head coach decision on the likelihood of him staying.

As far as players leaving, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple do leave. But I am not expecting more than one or two (maybe I'll be wrong). There is an enormous amount of recruiting opportunity on the east coast, so I am not as worried about players leaving as I am about getting a decent coaching staff. With VA Tech/UVA/UNC/ECU/Duke all sucking this year, recruiting isn't a huge concern in my opinion. There is a ton talent around so if anything, I think recruiting should still be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Fixed an error in your post for you.
    Haha up for debate I guess. JMU did hold the #1 throughout the entire season and playoffs, right? Maybe we could settle on 1.99 seasons?

Same here, just joined to hear the chatter last week. Unlike you I am not sure I will be coming back next year.