Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    LOLllllllll I just spit taked all over my computer.

Ok, ok, ok, you tell me , specifically which of those is NOT true for the average FBS team when compared to the average FCS team?

For perspective, there are about 130 FBS teams. According to Sagarin the median teams ranking between 73-77 Were as follows: BYU, Michigan State, Air Force and Northwestern

Then, to give you the benefit of the doubt, dont look at average FCS teams- look at EXCELLENT FCS programs (if there are any such programs) look at schools 6-10 in the FCS polls: Delaware, EWU, SIU, Weber State, JSU

Now tell me which of the following are BETTER in the FCS programs listed above when compared to BYU, Northwestern, Michigan state and Air Force.

1. way the hell better football on the field
    2. national attention
    3. more advertising revenue
    4. better average recruits
    5. overall prestige

Are you telling me that the FBS programs listed would rather switch places with Eastern Washington and delware?
    Conversely are you telling me that Eastern Washington and Delaware wouldnt immediately switch with these schools if given the chance??? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL dood.... just take the L. yikes
    The simple answer to your question is that we are NDSU and are thus not an average FCS team. Our run if continued success had brought more attention than any NIU or MAC team. Because of our position we get the best of both worlds currently. If we actually want to be a G5/fringe P5 we should combine und and ndsu for the academic profiles and stop dumping funds into every dinky teachers college in every podunk nd town. Actually fund a big state uni. But the way it's currently set up it just seems incredibly wasteful and unrealistic. Just my opinion

If JMU does leave..... I would be supremely disappointed about our level of football. They are quite literally the #1 thing that is making the FCS bearable from a football perspective.

The FCS was awesome... a long time ago. We've watched literally every single exciting program grow bored of the overall lack of talent, funding, attention, fan engagement, donations, and general interest that is a disease for over 98% of FCS programs- and leave. and Guess what???? Its so strange, none of them are begging to come back (although UMASS should lol)??!?!??!!!1!??1/?

NDSU is not embarrassing. the FCS is embarrassing. ITs pathetic. Once upon a time, NDSU would have fit in the subdivision that boasted MANY programs that would consider themselves football schools. Now there are about 3-4.. soon there will be 1-2.

What a joke
    It will be a sad, sad day for FCS when JMU leaves.
    Perhaps now they will accept an offer from the Sun Belt, or whoever, just to get their foot in the FBS door.

I’ve enjoyed seeing the ‘embarrassing’ FCS rebound with 8 FBS wins this year, so far. In recent times 2019 (not looking at 2020) was the low point with only 3 FCS wins over FBS. 2018 - 7 2017 - 9 2016 - 10 2015 - 9

With ‘98%’ of the FCS being empty, what is some more of the 2% full FCS that I am watching this fall?

- Missouri State - I posted a note on Bison Report last week about Missouri State’s pathway to a really high ranking before they play in Fargo. Well, they took that big 1st step, beating a higher ranked Central Arkansas. The Bears rose in the rankings from 23 to 14……
    Missouri State has always been a sleeping big guy……they have location, recruiting talent galore in the area, are a state school and have a refurbished stadium. Petrino, whatever you think of him, might be the coach to make something of them.

- Southern Illinois, newer up and coming coach with SIU roots, nice stadium and a great recruiting area. What is it I’m forgetting? Oh yeah, for those bored with Bison football they beat NDSU this spring……hmm, I want to see how good they are again this fall.

- Who is this Deion Sanders guy? And why is he getting such high recruiting rankings?
    They have a FBS matchup this weekend I want to check on.

- Who is this East Tennessee? And how did they beat a SEC team?
    AJ Blazek’s team, btw. How will they do? Nice to see from someone on NDSU’s future schedule.

- How ‘bout that new Montana State coach? Coach Vigen almost got another FCS win against Wyoming. Will he be good, long-term, at that job? Get that IPF built!

- #3 JMU at #9 Weber State this weekend.
    I’ve seen mention a couple times by National writers that JMU and Sammy have a pretty good path to undefeated seasons. If that happens, well, NDSU will possibly need to be a road team.

- And how ‘bout that Women’s Basketball school? Are they to be considered a football school? They sure built a nice regular season stadium, plus a really nice IPF. For those complaining about NDSU’s home schedule, not sure if serious if you did not buy tickets for Brookings. Nice game by that ‘embarrassing’ FCS team against Colorado State, eh? If the Bison lose that game in Brookings, well, the road to Frisco probably doesn’t go through Fargo.

- Have seen mention of 5 legitimate contenders, so far, for the FCS title.
    Sam Houston - SDSU - JMU - Montana - NDSU
    What I’ll be watching is if the next 3-4 teams can make that step. What is nice, as a fan of FCS football, is this year there could be extra legitimate contenders. Sounds more fun than a NDSU-JMU duopoly……

Anyways, I don’t expect to have cheered up MB with any of my ramblings, I just dislike Bisonville becoming fatigued and I try and point out the positive out there.
    There is a lot of fun FCS stuff out there to watch this season,
    Signed,
    Not fatigued Bruin Bison

P.S. welcome back Idaho!
    P.P.S. Nice job Griz taking down #20 Washington!
    Last edited by bruinbison; 09-15-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    When will they come back to Fargo?
    never. been here done this. plus their programming guy left espn that loved ndsu

NDSU vs USC at LA Stadium Dec 31 would trump all 8 FCS TITLES
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Perhaps now they will accept an offer from the Sun Belt, or whoever, just to get their foot in the FBS door.

I’ve enjoyed seeing the ‘embarrassing’ FCS rebound with 8 FBS wins this year, so far. In recent times 2019 (not looking at 2020) was the low point with only 3 FCS wins over FBS. 2018 - 7 2017 - 9 2016 - 10 2015 - 9

With ‘98%’ of the FCS being empty, what is some more of the 2% full FCS that I am watching this fall?

- Missouri State - I posted a note on Bison Report last week about Missouri State’s pathway to a really high ranking before they play in Fargo. Well, they took that big 1st step, beating a higher ranked Central Arkansas. The Bears rose in the rankings from 23 to 14……
    Missouri State has always been a sleeping big guy……they have location, recruiting talent galore in the area, are a state school and have a refurbished stadium. Petrino, whatever you think of him, might be the coach to make something of them.

- Southern Illinois, newer up and coming coach with SIU roots, nice stadium and a great recruiting area. What is it I’m forgetting? Oh yeah, for those bored with Bison football they beat NDSU this spring……hmm, I want to see how good they are again this fall.

- Who is this Deion Sanders guy? And why is he getting such high recruiting rankings?

AJ Blazek’s team, btw. How will they do? Nice to see from someone on NDSU’s future schedule.

- How ‘bout that new Montana State coach? Coach Vigen almost got another FCS win against Wyoming. Will he be good, long-term, at that job? Get that IPF built!

I’ve seen mention a couple times by National writers that JMU and Sammy have a pretty good path to undefeated seasons. If that happens, well, NDSU will possibly need to be a road team.

- And how ‘bout that Women’s Basketball school? Are they to be considered a football school? They sure built a nice regular season stadium, plus a really nice IPF. For those complaining about NDSU’s home schedule, not sure if serious if you did not buy tickets for Brookings. Nice game by that ‘embarrassing’ FCS team against Colorado State, eh? If the Bison lose that game in Brookings, well, the road to Frisco probably doesn’t go through Fargo.

What I’ll be watching is if the next 3-4 teams can make that step. What is nice, as a fan of FCS football, is this year there could be extra legitimate contenders. Sounds more fun than a NDSU-JMU duopoly……

Anyways, I don’t expect to have cheered up MB with any of my ramblings, I just dislike Bisonville becoming fatigued and I try and point out the positive out there.
    Signed,
    Not fatigued Bruin Bison

P.S. welcome back Idaho!

1. Yes it is embarrassing to only have 9 FBS wins lol. The fact that youre excited about playing in a league that has a less than .050 winning percentage against FBS teams is embarrassing for you as a human.
    2. I never said FCS was "empty". I said 98% of FCS programs are flaming trash heaps based on every single piece of measurable data available.
    3. Pretending that East Tennessee is going to really liven up the FCS landscape is extremely comedic
    4. Trying to convince people the FCS is exciting by saying "but dion sanders is a coach of one of the teams!" sounds like a church that cant figure out why they cant get high school students in the pews and saying "but we have a fooseball table in the basement!"
    5. The Womens basketball school- they are one of the 3-4 teams I consider not to be a complete waste of everyones time and money. And they still cant fill half their stadium unless theyre playing NDSU

The FCS is a joke. everyone is pointing and laughing at us. We will never be anything but a "cute story" unless we move up and kick ass week in and week out. Until then, we are that D2 school that somehow puts players in the draft each year
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1. Yes it is embarrassing to only have 9 FBS wins lol. The fact that youre excited about playing in a league that has a less than .050 winning percentage against FBS teams is embarrassing for you as a human.
    2. I never said FCS was "empty". I said 98% of FCS programs are flaming trash heaps based on every single piece of measurable data available.
    3. Pretending that East Tennessee is going to really liven up the FCS landscape is extremely comedic
    4. Trying to convince people the FCS is exciting by saying "but dion sanders is a coach of one of the teams!" sounds like a church that cant figure out why they cant get high school students in the pews and saying "but we have a fooseball table in the basement!"
    5. The Womens basketball school- they are one of the 3-4 teams I consider not to be a complete waste of everyones time and money. And they still cant fill half their stadium unless theyre playing NDSU

The FCS is a joke. everyone is pointing and laughing at us. We will never be anything but a "cute story" unless we move up and kick ass week in and week out. Until then, we are that D2 school that somehow puts players in the draft each year
    You sir… You get it! The FCS is garbage as a whole. Sure there is a bright spot here and there but the fact that we notice these little bright spots tells us that the division is crap.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hmmm be FBS (yes, even G5) and flip through ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, CBS College Sports, etc. to watch our peers?

OR

Continue to be FCS and download flosports, goleathernecks.net, unistudentproductions.org, youth.hitlerforums.com/game-threads etc. to watch our peers?

Seems kind of like a no-brainer.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Why not just build an 80,000 seat stadium and see if we can join the SEC for the ultimate goal?
    Go big or go home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

Signed,
    Not fatigued Bruin Bison

P.S. welcome back Idaho!
    Definitely have fcs coaches.

Lardsin must go!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Hmmm be FBS (yes, even G5) and flip through ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, CBS College Sports, etc. to watch our peers?

OR

Continue to be FCS and download flosports, goleathernecks.net, unistudentproductions.org, youth.hitlerforums.com/game-threads etc. to watch our peers?

But hey, we can listen on the radio!!! I’ll be laying on the floor listening intently like Ralphy listening to Little Orphan Annie. Sadly, I won’t get any fuckn Ovaltine out of it.

Son of a Bitch.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post

OR

Looking at the schedule, there's a lot of G5 games on ESPN+ and ESPN3
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯