Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'm more worried about the exodus of marching band talent. If the FCS is recruiting new teams, the recruiting committee should look at a) the prospective member's marching band and b) assign them the streamer mantle. In return, the new team will be assigned as NDSU's new national rival.
    As a guy who helped direct marching band for a decade.... I whole heartedly agree. I know youre being facetious, but having JMU and JSU leave removes literally the top 2 bands in my estimation.

Its ETSU and Delaware. Basically everyone else sucks and is embarrassing. Kind like how in actual football its just SDSU, NDSU, Montana and MSU who arent embarrassing and everyone else sucks.

Its so weird though, these "meaningless" FBS programs almost all have outstanding band programs top to bottom. So strange. Has anyone told them that they are meaningless and dont play for "rEaL cHaMpIonShIps" and shouldnt be excited to play for such silly football programs? one of the worlds greatest mysteries, I'd say
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    As a guy who helped direct marching band for a decade.... I whole heartedly agree. I know youre being facetious, but having JMU and JSU leave removes literally the top 2 bands in my estimation.

Its ETSU and Delaware. Basically everyone else sucks and is embarrassing. Kind like how in actual football its just SDSU, NDSU, Montana and MSU who arent embarrassing and everyone else sucks.

Its so weird though, these "meaningless" FBS programs almost all have outstanding band programs top to bottom. So strange. Has anyone told them that they are meaningless and dont play for "rEaL cHaMpIonShIps" and shouldnt be excited to play for such silly football programs? one of the worlds greatest mysteries, I'd say
    Wow you're on a roll today.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the instrument Mankato played was only capable of one note.

I'm going to enjoy the moment and try to tune him out, but if it keeps showing up on every thread, I'll suspend his account until after the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if the instrument Mankato played was only capable of one note.

I'm going to enjoy the moment and try to tune him out, but if it keeps showing up on every thread, I'll suspend his account until after the game.
    Mankato's "hot takes" have been old for a while now, and earned him a spot on my ignore list a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    His takes are so bad I'm 60% sure he's pulling a false flag op and he's actually the mythical "FCSer" he pretends to rail against

You can probably put Lakes in that category too
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Lol, If I said something wrong, please tell me what it is! I mean, I'm sure youre an elite Marching band mind, so I'm sure you have something super thoughtful to say about it.

Although I did chuckle because I specifically teach drumline so not quite one note, but pretty much one note! guilty as charged

However I'm truly at a loss at why you would suspend my account besides the fact that you disagree with me. Banning opinions is definitely an idea, but not a good one. Very strange Ive never called for you, or for anyone to be suspended because I disagree with their opinion about marching bands, FBS//FCS, the importance of instruments based on how many notes can be played on them!

Please, if you think something I said is incorrect, tell me, SPECIFICALLY what you disagree with and I looove talking about it. But it seems that you, and half of the board would just rather ban people they disagree with and then claim that they were the tolerant ones all along lol.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    His takes are so bad I'm 60% sure he's pulling a false flag op and he's actually the mythical "FCSer" he pretends to rail against

You can probably put Lakes in that category too
    Please tell me, in detail, what is incorrect about what I said:

"As a guy who helped direct marching band for a decade.... I whole heartedly agree. I know youre being facetious, but having JMU and JSU leave removes literally the top 2 bands in my estimation.

Its so weird though, these "meaningless" FBS programs almost all have outstanding band programs top to bottom. So strange. Has anyone told them that they are meaningless and dont play for "rEaL cHaMpIonShIps" and shouldnt be excited to play for such silly football programs? one of the worlds greatest mysteries, I'd say"

Again, looking forward to your thoughtful response about the quality of marching bands across the FCS and FBS
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Please tell me, in detail, what is incorrect about what I said:

"As a guy who helped direct marching band for a decade.... I whole heartedly agree. I know youre being facetious, but having JMU and JSU leave removes literally the top 2 bands in my estimation.
    That's true.

But I wasn't lying about what I'd do either.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Feces

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Most of us talk enough shit, do we really need to fling it as well?

Don't look now but JMU is 3-0 with a big comeback win on the road over ESPN darling App St and a team they destroyed earlier this season in Middle Tennessee just beat ranked Miami (FL). Might be some top 25 votes coming for the Dooks this week???