Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    UMass is the poster child for why this doesn't work well.

They have essentially:
    - no media deal
    - no bowl games
    - no players
    - no fans
    - no FBS wins (they did beat stony brook this year, yay)

For all this greatness, they fly to places like NMSU for games.
    And even those games will be tougher to get now that they joined a conference.

Oh, and this is a team that was pretty darn good in FCS.
    Now even CUSA doesn't want them ... they begged and pleaded for an invite.

Anyone who desires what UMass has is not thinking clearly.
    no one desires what umass has- they are awful in every possible aspect. My point was only the cost. If UMASS can float the cost of FBS indy, then NDSU can too. Thats clear to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together. we already have media deal, players, fans and FBS wins. so your other points are already irrelevant. I was only talking about cost.

Also if you think theres even a 3% chance NDSU falls into irrelevancy if they went FBS indy like UMASS did, you need to be checked into an insane asylum.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    If UMASS can float the cost of FBS indy, then NDSU can too.
    UMass vs NDSU

Heck, let's toss in JMU also.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    So what you're saying is the state and the students pay for it.
    Good luck with that plan to "float the cost".

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Bisonville is already at max shit-talking capacity.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
    Is that max FCS levels? If we move up, the FBS capacity is much bigger, from what I've heard.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    Is that max FCS levels? If we move up, the FBS capacity is much bigger, from what I've heard.
    Lower to mid level G5 is on par with the FCS shit talking limits but the upper G5 s are allowed a much larger budget for slinging the dookie.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    TeamMakers raises and contributes significantly more, ticket sales are significantly more, Merchandise sales are significantly more, Corporate donors give significantly more at NDSU.

Where in the graph does it include the $50,000,000 that was donated for the IPF?

The Knight report does a very good job of simply repeating what the accountants at the University choose to share. We have already gone over this Ad Nauseum with JMU fans. Its much more semantics about what is and what is not considered to be a football related expense, and what is and is not "revenue" within their accounting office. JMU reports all student fees as revenue. when in actuality, ticket sales, merch, media and donations are far more accurate indicator of the 'profitability' of a program.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    Bison Nation has indubitably raised the bar for shit talking at the FCS level... we're basically at the P5 level of shit talking already despite lacking the depth of shit talkers that P5 fan bases have.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Bison Nation has indubitably raised the bar for shit talking at the FCS level... we're basically at the P5 level of shit talking already despite lacking the depth of shit talkers that P5 fan bases have.
    That's because we have a lower shit talker scholarship limit...and what we have pretty much gets eaten up by Chapo...we are mainly walk ons.

no one desires what umass has- they are awful in every possible aspect. My point was only the cost. If UMASS can float the cost of FBS indy, then NDSU can too. Thats clear to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together. we already have media deal, players, fans and FBS wins. so your other points are already irrelevant. I was only talking about cost.

Also if you think theres even a 3% chance NDSU falls into irrelevancy if they went FBS indy like UMASS did, you need to be checked into an insane asylum.
    Yeah, that was the same argument many JMU posters made years ago when I was in favor of going FBS indy instead of hanging around in the kiddie pool called FCS.

"Oh, no," they said, "we could become UMass or UConn or ODU."

My reply was always, "GMAFB! We are not going to wind up like those football train wrecks."

As it turned out, Texas and Oklahoma started a realignment landslide that put us in a perfect position this year. However, if we had gone FBS indy a couple of years ago, we wouldn't be prohibited from being the Sun Belt champ this year or going to a bowl game. So, going indy absolutely made sense then. I believe we are applying for a waiver to be Sun Belt champ and get a bowl game, but I think it is 50/50 whether we get it or not.

TeamMakers raises and contributes significantly more, ticket sales are significantly more, Merchandise sales are significantly more, Corporate donors give significantly more at NDSU.
    Where the money comes from (UMass/NDSU/JMU).