Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    For me the definition of a dynasty is simple, in any sport, win three championships in a row or 4 our of 5/6 and I will consider it a dynasty. Has ANYONE ever referred to the Bills as a dynasty for making it to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row and losing?

What NDSU has done over the last decade is on another level and there seriously is no term to describe it. Because like you said, if we only consider what NDSU has done to be the definition of a dynasty then there has never been another.
    It's sustained dominance, not sustained excellence.

Not only have to win the big one, you have to win it almost all the time.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    UCLA basketball won 7 in a row...and 10 out of 12 years. We're in that category now.
    Funny story

Wooden would have coached the gophs but they drug their feet on giving specifics so he went to UCLA instead.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    I think it depends on this year. If they can make it to the championship game this year (which I am still somewhat doubtful about) that would be 3 out of 4 years. Other than NDSU, who has made it to the title game 3 out of 4 years in a row? Maybe there are some I'm not thinking of. App State won 3 in a row and Youngstown State made it 4 in a row.

By your definition there is only 1 dynasty in all of FCS history. Which is fine if that's how you want to set your definition.
    Don’t get riled by most posters (posers?) here. JMU is a solid FCS team. I underestimated them in ‘16 and won’t do that again. From what I have seen, your secondary is very good again this year and that, along with solid Dline, will cause problems for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their secondary is the weak link at the moment.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Their secondary is the weak link at the moment.
    Yeah, that 83-yard pick-six was bad against ‘Nova.[emoji849]

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yeah, that 83-yard pick-six was bad against ‘Nova.[emoji849]

One pick 6 does not a great secondary make (NDSU vs Indiana State 2012). Go to their board and you'll see that is their week link. They're last two games the secondary was gashed time and time again, especially against Stony Brook.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    bUt TheY hAD thE bESt deFENsE in thE FcS!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I mean the year JMU lost to Colgate? No way!
    But the year JMU lost to NDSU in the Championship game? Definitely the best that existed that year. To get to the championship game with as "average" as an offense as they had that year should be proof alone. Keep in mind they held NDSU to 0 points in the 2nd half of a championship game where it was close enough that no one's 3rd string was playing getting practice. How many championship games has that occurred in? To put in another perspective, the year that SDSU threw for 329 yards against SDSU is the same year that JMU forced 10 turnovers against their offense.

But the year JMU lost to NDSU in the Championship game? Definitely the best that existed that year. To get to the championship game with as "average" as an offense as they had that year should be proof alone. Keep in mind they held NDSU to 0 points in the 2nd half of a championship game where it was close enough that no one's 3rd string was playing getting practice. How many championship games has that occurred in? To put in another perspective, the year that SDSU threw for 329 yards against SDSU is the same year that JMU forced 10 turnovers against their offense.
    3 for NDSU

2011 SHSU
    2014 Iliinois ST
    2017 JMU
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

The joke was about Colgate having the best defense in the FCS that year, not JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The joke was about Colgate having the best defense in the FCS that year, not JMU.
    That's how I read it too. Colgate's defense didn't match up very well with NDSU's offense...