Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Weber needs a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Weber needs a QB.
    That kid is not comfortable in the pocket.

Awesome, first Ford commercial in Spanish
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    How long do you think you can keep enjoying NDSU football at the FCS level? What would be the tipping point for you where you believe the administration needs to act more aggressively?
    How do you suggest being more aggressive? How do you know they haven’t been reaching out? Should we move up as an independent so we can be aggressive? There is only so much you can do as it’s in the hands of the FBS conferences. Being cocky won’t get us anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Not that difficult to support his assertions... analyze the CAFI Database, and take a look at the debt and debt services some of these D1 schools carry some huge debt, for instance, JMU is $54M in debt, and they are paying $6M in debt services every year... couple that with financing all of that through student debt, and you have the D1 athletic budget equivalent of a Walmart cashier driving a corvette.

NDSU carries a little or no debt and no debt services... that means ticket revenue goes directly into the athletic budget -- rather than using it to pay on their debt

BOTTOM LINE: A football only FBS Conference Invite is not that difficult to support financially... add some scholarships, and plus up the FB coaching budget and some other parts of the FB budget (maybe recruiting).

I took a shot at comparing numbers (G5 vs NDSU vs semi-serious FCS programs) and came up with this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Why do people keep pushing these football only invites!?!?! It would be the best for NDSU but who seriously thinks they are going to extend that one of a kind offer ?

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Why do people keep pushing these football only invites!?!?! It would be the best for NDSU but who seriously thinks they are going to extend that one of a kind offer ?
    Because people have a brain and know that not one school in the mountain west is interested in flying their women’s soccer team to Fargo every year
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Because people have a brain and know that not one school in the mountain west is interested in flying their women’s soccer team to Fargo every year
    Point is how do people think a football only invite is even remotely possible? Obviously the MWC is a no brainer for football but the other sports are a drag on a conference invite. The MWC has no football only members. Do any G5/P5 conferences have football only members?

Point is how do people think a football only invite is even remotely possible? Obviously the MWC is a no brainer for football but the other sports are a drag on a conference invite. The MWC has no football only members. Do any G5/P5 conferences have football only members?
    Wrong, Hawaii is an affiliate member of the MWC for Football only, all other sports are Big West

And UMASS is affiliate of the MAC, sure there are more but thats just what I know
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Wrong, Hawaii is an affiliate member of the MWC for Football only, all other sports are Big West

And UMASS is affiliate of the MAC, sure there are more but thats just what I know
    Navy in the AAC for Football. all others in the Patriot League

Oh... and UMass was in the MAC for football, they're now independent.

I believe NDSU brings enough gravitas to warrant a "football only" FBS invite... moving the rest of the sports to the same conference makes no sense from a financial standpoint.

Well other than being completely wrong, you’re spot on. Mountain West currently has a football-only member. I’ll let you guess who it is, and I’ll give you a hint: they’re in a very similar position as the XDSUs on schools not wanting to send their non-revenue sports there. You should try the Wikipedia app, you can look up all the information you’re asking for (or incorrectly spouting about) in about 30 seconds.

As far as the rest of the G5, I think it was only the MAC and Conference USA that don’t currently have football-only affiliate memberships. But even those conferences have recently had them. All in situations similar to ours where they didn’t to send non-revenues outside their core geographic footprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*