Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    We don't count losing in Frisco as part of a dynastic run BTW.
    That's fine if that's your take. If Clemson gets to the National Championship game like 4 times in a row but loses twice to Alabama, is that not a dynasty for them?! 4 years in a row to a National Championship is a dynasty win or lose. I guess with this logic, you started a new dynasty 3 years ago? Not in my opinion but by your logic technically.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Sam Houston State made it to 2 in a row (lost both to NDSU) and semi’s a year or two after that. Montana had the blue print to make it to the title game and lose so there’s that.
    I guess what I am saying, is that in the last 30 years, only (3) teams have made it 3 out of 4 years in a row. I would personally considering all of those dynasty runs (NDSU, App State and Youngstown State). Not sure JMU's qualifies quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I appreciate your personal hospitality, but doubt that intent is shared by the majority of your fans who voice their eagerness for NDSU to have playoff games outside of the Fargodome.
    Possibly true. The majority of people on the internet don't know what they're talking about anyway. I didn't know that stat. but it's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    That's fine if that's your take. If Clemson gets to the National Championship game like 4 times in a row but loses twice to Alabama, is that not a dynasty for them?! 4 years in a row to a National Championship is a dynasty win or lose. I guess with this logic, you started a new dynasty 3 years ago? Not in my opinion but by your logic technically.
    NDSU is like Egypt... we have multiple dynasties.
    Last edited by EC8CH; 10-14-2019 at 09:37 PM.

For me the definition of a dynasty is simple, in any sport, win three championships in a row or 4 our of 5/6 and I will consider it a dynasty. Has ANYONE ever referred to the Bills as a dynasty for making it to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row and losing?

What NDSU has done over the last decade is on another level and there seriously is no term to describe it. Because like you said, if we only consider what NDSU has done to be the definition of a dynasty then there has never been another.

UCLA basketball won 7 in a row...and 10 out of 12 years. We're in that category now.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    I guess what I am saying, is that in the last 30 years, only (3) teams have made it 3 out of 4 years in a row. I would personally considering all of those dynasty runs (NDSU, App State and Youngstown State). Not sure JMU's qualifies quite yet.
    You missed Marshall ('91 '92 '93 '95 and '96) and Georgia Southern ('98 '99 '00) - they also had a three year run right at the 30 year mark ('88 '89 '90).
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!

If at any point you lose to Colgate, you lose all dynasty points and need to start over.

Lol colgate. They ranked up there with robert morris as least desirable playoff games ever. I had to give away my tickets to that one

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Lol colgate. They ranked up there with robert morris as least desirable playoff games ever. I had to give away my tickets to that one
    bUt TheY hAD thE bESt deFENsE in thE FcS!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk