Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Default Re: What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Because Lakes knows people who said they haven't!
    LOL And in all seriousness, they can't even put this kind of thing in email as all the media has to do is request them. All this type of stuff is verbal only, and so politically sensitive they need to be careful.

Now, I fully acknowledge they could be morons and not doing anything, but I'm a glass half-full kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    LOL And in all seriousness, they can't even put this kind of thing in email as all the media has to do is request them. All this type of stuff is verbal only, and so politically sensitive they need to be careful.

Now, I fully acknowledge they could be morons and not doing anything, but I'm a glass half-full kind of guy.
    Part of their job, if they're any good at it, is keep us on the outside from knowing about their efforts until a deal is already done.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I don't think you make the move when the "Iron is white hot". There is an argument that it would be a recipe for disaster. I would argue that you need to be able to demonstrate "staying power" through mediocre years of football. Hey everyone is a fan when you are winning. Do they stay a fan when you are 5-7 and you are playing for conference championships vs. a National Championship is a pipe dream? Is the Bison football fan willing to have the same mentality of a Bison Basketball fan?
    This was generally the case when we left DII.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

Careful on that optimism reference glass half-full stuff……
    Didn’t you read the manifesto that the glass is 98%
    flaming trash heaps???

But seriously, good point on the nature of FBS discussions.
    When it suddenly became known to the Big 12
    that Texas & Oklahoma were leaving, they hired
    “an outside consultant” to deal with those talks to help keep things confidential.

Let’s hope someday we know who NDSU’s “outside consultants” were……

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....-12-consultant

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One of my least favorite memories is how WDAY out of 330 million people to choose from picked a JMU sideline reporter to work NDSU games. I could pick a random person in the midwest from a satellite image with more football and Bison knowledge. It feels like someone gave her the job in a "What would you do for a Klondike bar?" commercial.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Careful on that optimism reference glass half-full stuff……
    Didn’t you read the manifesto that the glass is 98%
    flaming trash heaps???

But seriously, good point on the nature of FBS discussions.
    When it suddenly became known to the Big 12
    that Texas & Oklahoma were leaving, they hired
    “an outside consultant” to deal with those talks to help keep things confidential.

Let’s hope someday we know who NDSU’s “outside consultants” were……

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....-12-consultant

Texas and Oklahoma had way more to lose if it got out that they were exploring a move to the SEC. What does NDSU lose by going public with their desire to move to the FBS? Is the MVFC going to kick them out? Not likely. That’s not to say that they put everything out for public consumption but to think that expressing an interest publicly would cause them harm is a bit over dramatic. I also think that the restlessness of the fan base currently requires them to publicly show their plan to keep the football brand exciting. I think there is just as much risk in them playing it close to the vest.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    One of my least favorite memories is how WDAY out of 330 million people to choose from picked a JMU sideline reporter to work NDSU games. I could pick a random person in the midwest from a satellite image with more football and Bison knowledge. It feels like someone gave her the job in a "What would you do for a Klondike bar?" commercial.
    When interviewing Kolpack @ halftime. "What about those Dukes". Ya its time for you to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Texas and Oklahoma had way more to lose if it got out that they were exploring a move to the SEC. What does NDSU lose by going public with their desire to move to the FBS? Is the MVFC going to kick them out? Not likely. That’s not to say that they put everything out for public consumption but to think that expressing an interest publicly would cause them harm is a bit over dramatic. I also think that the restlessness of the fan base currently requires them to publicly show their plan to keep the football brand exciting. I think there is just as much risk in them playing it close to the vest.
    I didn’t say it very well, but I was actually talking about the Big 12 hiring the outside consultants. Even though people knew the Big 12 was looking for new members, it may have made the process easier.

Oklahoma & Texas may have also hired outside consultants, just to keep it confidential.

I would consider the interviews Matt Larson and Coach Entz have given in recent months to be ‘trial balloons’.

What has always been needed is a FBS conference to need/want new members.
    There hasn’t been a conference interested in NDSU in previous years.
    Larson & Entz knew that realignment was/now is close to happening.
    Now the Mountain West Conference realizes what could/will happen……

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    I didn’t say it very well, but I was actually talking about the Big 12 hiring the outside consultants. Even though people knew the Big 12 was looking for new members, it may have made the process easier.

Oklahoma & Texas may have also hired outside consultants, just to keep it confidential.

I would consider the interviews Matt Larson and Coach Entz have given in recent months to be ‘trial balloons’.

What has always been needed is a FBS conference to need/want new members.
    There hasn’t been a conference interested in NDSU in previous years.
    Larson & Entz knew that realignment was/now is close to happening.
    Now the Mountain West Conference realizes what could/will happen……
    Sure, but I think the reactionary, wait and see stance is no longer viable. Can they force it to happen? No but they likely need to be more proactive in their approach and their “trial balloons” will need to become more forthright than they have been previously. The “growth” of the fan base that has been achieved in the past decade is still a bit fragile and without continued excitement I think that group is going to lose interest. Already have to be honest. I guess I’m just not sold that this has all been some brilliant strategic move by leadership to slow play this. I think it’s more that they don’t really have any answers and are playing not to lose rather than playing to win. Obviously I don’t know anything and they could be working some ingenious plan behind the scenes, but in my opinion the actions point to a much more conservative and reactionary approach.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    After 8-10 championships, multiple beat downs of p5 schools (a close score wasn’t an indicator, ndsu dominated those games) when’s enough enough? 13 out of 17 championships impresses close to nobody since the entire country knows ndsu is a p5 caliber program playing at this level.

They’ll never be consistently at the top of fbs. But you can say that about 98% of P5 schools. They have a name to make some noise at that level and that’s a start. Having 3 prior QBs be in the NFL including 2 who were drafted in the top 3 is better than any program in the entire country can say. Baker, kyler and Jalen were all transfers and bamas best pick was Tua at 6 and Mac at 10? Maybe Clemson with Watson and Lawrence? That’s elite company to be in

The goal for the AD has to be getting into a G5 conference and whoring ourselves to hosting a P5 program at this point. From there we actually have options and a future.

This shit right now is embarrassing. Especially if when JMU bails. And quite honestly we’re about 9 years behind the ball here. This thing should’ve been rolling the second GSU moved up after ndsu beat them the second time.
    NDSU is ST Thomas Academy or Hermantown Trophy Chasin

JMU is gone.. GSU , Appy St, Liberty, ODU, Coastal.... what the hell is left?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?