Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Montana State (FCS 2nd Round)

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Montana State (FCS 2nd Round)

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    You'd rather play the Sun Belt or C-USA than playoff football? That is not a step up, not one bit.
    It is a step up....time to face reality that is the FCS

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Will NDSU have most titles in d2 and fcs if they win this year? If yes then the serious discussions begin- at least that is what I have been waiting for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    You'd rather play the Sun Belt or C-USA than playoff football? That is not a step up, not one bit.
    I'd rather play FBS teams. Yes, I would. Given the choice, I'd rather play in a high-interest bowl game in a football stadium than an inferior championship game, as America sees it, in a soccer stadium. Yes, I would. My cards are on the table now.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

bisonp is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Weber State's black uniforms are the cat's ass. Literally.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It is a step up....time to face reality that is the FCS

Why would it be a step up? Do you really think NDSU gets College Gameday to come to Fargo twice by winning 3 Idaho Potato Bowls? And make no mistake, unless they get into a Power 5 conference, a Potato Bowl will be the best NDSU could ever hope to do.

People say no one cares about the FCS, well no one cares about the G5 either. Now if the G5 puts together a playoff and crowns a national champ as well, then I say make the move. The whole tradition at NDSU is playing for championships. You move up and you'll never play for a championship again no matter how good the team is.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well as far as the second half goes thus far, is the foot off of the gas officially? That offensive series was nothing like anything in the first half.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I just have one question. How have we been stopping Troy Anderson? He's the most amazing athlete ever ever ever seen in my life.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Why would it be a step up? Do you really think NDSU gets College Gameday to come to Fargo twice by winning 3 Idaho Potato Bowls? And make no mistake, unless they get into a Power 5 conference, a Potato Bowl will be the best NDSU could ever hope to do.

People say no one cares about the FCS, well no one cares about the G5 either. Now if the G5 puts together a playoff and crowns a national champ as well, then I say make the move. The whole tradition at NDSU is playing for championships. You move up and you'll never play for a championship again no matter how good the team is.
    So UcF, Western Michigan, Boise played Power Five teams in the Potato Bowl? NDSU football should be about competing at the highest level possible.

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Look, I love that we are in the playoffs, playing highly motivated and talented teams at this point, and still going into the half up by 35. But destroying teams in the manner we have all season is an argument for leaving FCS. I hope we hang 50 on every team in the playoffs on the way to the championship, and then utterly decimate the foe in the championship game. But THEN, after that, I hope we have a serious conversation about what constitutes enjoyable football. I don't think I've watched a full game all season. And before the purist season-ticket holders start bashing me for that, I know that many of you haul your butts out of the dome at halftime, head to the tailgate lot, and never come back. How do I know? Because I see the empty seats on tv. I think after the season, if it keeps going like this, it will be time to revisit what level of competition we should be playing at. At least I hope so.
    So now we can't even get through a game day thread without this crap coming up? You guys remind me of a 4 year old who thinks if you whine enough you'll get your way. Sorry, but let's enjoy these ass kicking games.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post

The idea that all we'd ever play in is the Potato Bowl is really underselling NDSU. I think we'd be an elite G5 team and talked about regularly at the national level, just like Boise State, Univ of Central Florida, Univ of Houston, and BYU and TCU back in MWC days for them. Especially when we beat P5 schools, which we'd have considerable more opportunity to do. And in those years we aren't elite, we fix that and become elite again.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.